Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treasure Hunt. Boards Server Event! [[[ SATURDAY 9th ]]]

• 29-03-2011 3:57pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, here's the deal!

On Friday next (1st April) we will have a Treasure Hunt on the Boards server. 9.30 pm. The server will be down for a short while before, probably only 10-15 minutes but I'll ask Cherry about that.

The winning person (or team!) will be given a bunch of really nice "stuff" (yet to be decided).

To win you must be the first team (or individual) to call a GM (Dav, Cherry or Me) to the spawn wherein you must have a box (ideally locked to you!) which contains the 10 specified items.

Simples eh?!

We'll see. :)

So, organise yourselves into teams if you like, max of 4 to a team. Obviously the fewer in the team the more loot you'll each get but then again, many hands make light mining :)
    No changing teams mid event and no shenanigans :p

The list of things and more instructions will be posted on the evening. Questions?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Oh a scavenger hunt!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh ... and just to cover off any silly rules lawyers.... we have to be able to open the box. You can just call us to the spawn and say its all in there :p

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Should be good. Unless you turn around and say "10 diamonds please!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

We'll get the list of things together on Friday - it won't be impossible, but it should be a challenge :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Examples might be "1 Red Flower", "black, white and red wool", "3 cakes" etc...

Some will be easy to find, some will be easy to make, some will be tough to find and some will be tough to make.... :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

3 cakes feck
    we are going to have people trying to chase after cows with buckets.

Well that WAS an example... but yeah, you are going to have to do some running around :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

This is going to be great!
    Can we start putting up teams here now? Make it easier if the little bits like that are sorted out beforehand :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If ye want to organise a team (4 people per team at a maximum) and post details here, that's cool. We'll have the final hunt list available on Friday.

Naturally, you should all have witty team names but nothing foul :p

I have everything for cakes except eggs. Anyone want to team up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Botulism wrote: »
    I have everything for cakes except eggs. Anyone want to team up?

Ah but it doesn't matter what you currently have ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

I don't think I'll be here, but I take it you have a way of preventing people from stocking up beforehand?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

100% yes.

I have an odd feeling this is going to be things we can't normally get in game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Hope ill be home in time for the treasure hunt...
    At least if i do make it ill have a chance. Last event i was the only one who could find the house without get tottaly lost :P . Some peoples navigtional skills are terrible.

Treasure hunt won't start till circa the same time as the last event

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

anybody want to join my team: Bendover

Edit: its the name of the team

anybody want to join my team: Bendover
    Is that your team name, or how to get into the team? :pac:

I have an odd feeling this is going to be things we can't normally get in game...
    Netherrack, soul sand, diamond ORE, and something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

Botulism wrote: »
    Netherrack, soul sand, diamond ORE, and something else?

OMG Netherrack/glowstone would be brilliant to get.. something thats impossible to get ingame... you could have really rare stuff aswell... gold/green record for each member of the winning team.. diamond ORE(block not gem, would be cool for decoration) saddles.. etc.

• Advertisement

You'd all be better off sorting teams then guessing what we might ask you to get or what the prizes might be :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sounds like it'll be fun! I was disappointed I missed the last event so I'll try my best to make it to this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sounds like it'll be fun! I was disappointed I missed the last event so I'll try my best to make it to this one.

same here, missing this one too though :( ... damn you people having parties! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sounds like a great event and I'm definitely going to be on for this one having missed the last one! I'm available for teaming up if anyone's short.

@Cherry: If you have a way of preventing people stocking up beforehand, does that also mean we won't be able to have any tools or anything? Will we just start with a blank inventory?

Blank inventory is correct ;) Which is why DeV is recommending teams and teamwork! The teamspeak server should help communications a bit too :D

Blank inventory is correct ;) Which is why DeV is recommending teams and teamwork! The teamspeak server should help communications a bit too :D

It's possible to set up individual channels on that, yeah?

Blank inventory is cool.

Is it our world though?

Its possible to set up different channels for different teams ...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

I'll get the headset out then!

Ugh..... *talk*..... like, to you lot? :p

DeV.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It's possible to set up individual channels on that, yeah?

Blank inventory is cool.

Is it our world though?
    Good question. I think if, for the event, we were on a different world then that would make sense.

It wont be a problem.... :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Damn. Id love to except i clicked the update button... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Is there anyway you could delay it for the people who clicked the update button. Infact I didnt get a choice

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Is there anyway you could delay it for the people who clicked the update button. Infact I didnt get a choice
    Ditto, there was no chance to decline the update for me at all.

Ditto, there was no chance to decline the update for me at all.

Yeah, we'll have a chat about it between us and see what makes the most sense. The only point to running these is to create some fun for you guys so obviously we want as much fun for as many as possible. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »
    Yeah, we'll have a chat about it between us and see what makes the most sense. The only point to running these is to create some fun for you guys so obviously we want as much fun for as many as possible. :)

DeV.

Any idea when you'll reach a decision? Or if that's not for a while, are you leaning in a particular direction?

I only ask as I've been asked to take part in something in real life tomorrow night but really don't want to miss another event here!

I just got off a plane and I've an early start tomorrow. I say we postpone until next Friday and get a good run at it, but I'll leave the final word with Cherry as he is the one who does the server voodoo.... The problem is that everyone would have to be on 1.4 and stuff we need won't work potentially.

I thinking it's best postponed especially as everyone is currently wrecking the place :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I just got off a plane and I've an early start tomorrow. I say we postpone until next Friday and get a good run at it, but I'll leave the final word with Cherry as he is the one who does the server voodoo.... The problem is that everyone would have to be on 1.4 and stuff we need won't work potentially.

I thinking it's best postponed especially as everyone is currently wrecking the place :)

DeV.

Yeah sounds good to me and sounds like the best solution while everything's up in the air.

POSTPONED!!

DeV.

have it on a weekday!!!!!! :P

• Advertisement

Ok, I'll put up a thread asking for people to pick a day...

DeV.

Right, so, people picked Saturday and this is on for this Saturday, the 9th!

Should be a bit of craic, get a bunch beers and get on TS for a laugh!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Mightnt be able to make this one.:(

:( can't make it ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Can't make it either - what happened to thursday?

Promac wrote: »
    Can't make it either - what happened to thursday?

Yep exact same here. The poll result had Thursday, Friday and Saturday tied. Really don't know how there could be a bigger turnout on a Saturday night. If anybody is making plans for the weekend, it's nearly always for the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Got some bad news today and will no longer be able to make it. Maybe next time

damn, sorry to hear that, if it works on saturday, we'll try it again on a thursday.

DeV.

This sort of weather I will be out having a few drinks, seriously a saturday?

Well at the time of announcing it, the poll numbers were 11,10,9 for Saturday, Thursday, Friday in that order, so.... people complain despite the majority voting for Saturday? That's democracy for ya :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement