Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treasure Hunt. Boards Server Event! [[[ SATURDAY 9th ]]]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

What time today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Between 9 and half 9. Server will go down for only 10-15 minutes before its back up for the server event.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll be back to you all with the list of sought after items about 9ish.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

I know this is unlikely just for one person, buy would it be possible to delay to 10?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Might happen naturally... lets see when we get it set up. It will take a while to collect everything anyway so you should be able to join in! :)

I'm about to post a thread for the event tonight in the forum, including the list of things to find :)
    Edit: Its here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056234547

DeV.

Heya all...

Tonight is the Treasure Hunt and here is the list of things you need to find:

1 cake
    10 black wool
    1 red flower
    1 bucket of lava
    1 block of obsidian
    a dozen torches
    1 cooked pork chop
    20 wheat
    12 arrows
    1 fishing rod

The winners will be the person or group (4 max) who call us to a box containing those things after 9.30 tonight. They will win nice stuff. :)

We have several surprises in store and everyone will be corralled until the starting whistle.

We will take the server down to do some work on it and expect it to go live about 9.30

Be prepared for anything :):)

DeV.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Server is down for a while, so bear with myself and DeV :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Thats gonna take forever to find

Right, servers on its way back up in 3 mins

• Advertisement

not with a team it wont... anyway.... server is coming back up very shortly

You wil spawn in a holding area, awaiting the players...

DeV.

So the event has started! We have 3 teams out on the field at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭hare05

That. Was. Epic.

Thankfully PVP will be off in future though I'm not sure how much that'll help when people dig into your base and spread lava around. Kinda ruined it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

great craic lads ! actually enjoyed the PVP too :D

Well that was about as close as it could be! Congrats to the joint winners, both racing to beat the deadline with one thing left to complete... sooo close!

Hope y'all enjoyed it, we'll run it again but next time without PVP!

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭NeosDex

My heart was pounding when everyone raided my farm D:

Poor Neos farm... but what teamwork in defence.... I laughed my ass off at that...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

Cossax wrote: »
    Thankfully PVP will be off in future though I'm not sure how much that'll help when people dig into your base and spread lava around. Kinda ruined it for me.
    ya that was gay we had all the wheat that was needed and had all the indegrediants to make the cake as well

Sorry about that cossax, was trying to get jacko back but he had a diamond sword so i was being creative. HE SHTOLE MAH BUKKITS!!!!

ya that was gay we had all the wheat that was needed and had all the indegrediants to make the cake as well

We should pour'd lava all over everys chests :p

• Advertisement

jackoire wrote: »
    We should pour'd lava all over everys chests :p

Tried that. no go. also tried to encase your chest in your adminium but you cant place blocks in spawn.

hare05 wrote: »
    Sorry about that cossax, was trying to get jacko back but he had a diamond sword so i was being creative. HE SHTOLE MAH BUKKITS!!!!

Had to be done protecting our wheat

jackoire wrote: »
    Had to be done protecting our wheat

Protecting your wheat with a haxed diamond sword, yeah xD

Protecting your wheat with a haxed diamond sword, yeah xD

Fear my mining skills. :D

Fear my mining skills. :D

Wasting your first 2 diamond on a sword when one more nets you a win? *pff* he probably stole the sword when he swiped the adminium xD

Wasting your first 2 diamond on a sword when one more nets you a win? *pff* he probably stole the sword when he swiped the adminium xD

I initially only found 2 diamond, FU Minecraft! But then I found another 4 so I had my pickaxe, sword and a leftover.

PvP was fun until it went OTT

Sorry, got annoyed so i attacked jacko's base and spammed /back until i had killed 2 of them xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

So... how was it? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

It was crap full stop. Some little **** followed me away from the spawn just to kill me 3 times in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So who won? And what did they win?

Cherry gave out diamonds and glowstone!

It was a tie for first and a very close third. Good craic and we learned a lot more about running events. I think we'll run that again sometime soon, was fun!

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Cherry gave out diamonds and glowstone!

It was a tie for first and a very close third. Good craic and we learned a lot more about running events. I think we'll run that again sometime soon, was fun!

DeV.

As long as PvP is banned and there's no indirectly attacking others, a treasure hunt akin to that would be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

PvP was fun....after I found a diamond sword :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

So... how was it? :P
    Did you miss it aswell??

I think we had everything there except the fishing rod, we could have one by 9.40 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

apart from the fact it was on a dirrerent world with blank inventorys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

apart from the fact it was on a dirrerent world with blank inventorys
    Oh that sounds awesome actually.

Advertisement