Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recoil Pads

Options
  • 29-03-2011 4:06pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy a new (or used) recoil pad for a trap gun?
    I'm getting a new stock made and don't want to use my existing pad - I want to keep my old stock intact.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

im sure your stock maker will have any pad you want and fitted perfectly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

He doesn't - he takes your existing pad and uses that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Where abouts are you? County wise.

I know Griffin and Hawe in Athy carry a few mostly for Beretta, but they do a small range of others.

Also doing some would be Portlaoise Rod and Gun (Donal Delaney), John Conroy in Timahoe. They are not "big" dealers, but do a huge amount of shotgun accessories and are heavily involved in shotgun shooting so should be able to sort you out.

I know of a few others, but if i had a location it might narrow done the list of possible dealers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    Where abouts are you? County wise.

I'm in Meath. Wouldn't mind driving to a dealer if I thought he had a half decent selection. Will ring those and see what they have. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

John Conroy has a lovely type of pad in various thicknesses. Its very similar to the kickeeze type pad. Well worth checking out. Had one on my old gun and loved it. Was only 15euro for the pad that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

Tannyoky guns have a good selection of accessories. im surely he'll sort you out! He's just outside newry!
    www.tannyokyguns.com

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I always have pads on stock for our rifle stocks.
    These come oversize and need to be ground down to size.
    20mm and 30mm thickness.
    I use one on my shotgun but for a competition shooter
    they might not be perfect?? They are softisch rubber.
    Very light. Your welcome to try one.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

i have a spare kickeeze at home i post it to ya if want it, doesnt have that little angle on the top so i didnt fancy it:), yours if you like

bayliner wrote: »
    i have a spare kickeeze at home i post it to ya if want it, doesnt have that little angle on the top so i didnt fancy it:), yours if you like

Thanks a mil D. Will pm you my address :)

not at home till 2moro night but will root it out then, cant rem if it is paired down to suit browning or not, will text you 2moro night to be sure:)

• Advertisement

winging its way to the royal now:)

winging its way to the royal now:)

Arrived today, thanks a mil. It looks perfect and the little bit of shaving is barely noticeable. Will let you know how I get on with the stock and will even post a few pics.

;) local cobbler did the pairing!!! does a good job! has fishing tackle shop too.. nice guy, anthony quinn in athlone, hard to find mind:D..

hope it works ok D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

;) local cobbler did the pairing!!! does a good job! has fishing tackle shop too.. nice guy, anthony quinn in athlone, hard to find mind:D..

hope it works ok D...

Is he down by the banks of the shannon?

Near the funeral home?

Is he down by the banks of the shannon?

Near the funeral home?
    yep, thats him

Advertisement