Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritional Yeast - where to buy?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whereabouts you can get it in Dublin? I've tried a few shops but no luck. I did find Brewer's yeast, but a quick google revealed that though they have the same nutrients, they taste very different.

Nutritional yeast is meant to be a good flavour on vegan food. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Ohh nooch is lovely! I get mine from the food co-op. Its in a blue tub with added b12 but the usual tub is a brown one. Its the Marigold brand and I have only ever found it in down to earth on Georges st.

They didnt used to stock it in Nourish but maybe thats changed now? As I said I have been buying mine from the co-op for about a year now.

I have been known to eat it straight from the tub :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Health Matters, on Grafton St always seems to have it. You might need to ask for it though as they only ever put one on display and sometimes forget to put another when someone buys that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I went into Nourish (Wicklow St) and they were very helpful and made sure to point out one had the added B12. And I'm glad I decided to visit that shop first - on the way I bumped into Jamie Lawson outside Tower records and said 'hi' :D (He is just getting big in the music world.) Yey!

I got this one:
    engevita%20label.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Great stuff - glad you found it! Let us know what you think of it.

Its great for cheesy type sauce and just for sprinkling on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

ahh great, i keep seeing references to it on
    www.fatfreevegan.com and never saw it anywhere. nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Well, i can't quite put my finger on the taste (more nutty than cheesy I think) but it certainly adds a good flavour to hot pots and that sort of thing. Nice with pasta too, but you have to be careful to add too much or it really changes the taste of the sauce.

And I see what you mean about eating it from the tub ;)

Advertisement