Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate Universe S02E14 Hope ***Spoilers***

Options
  • 29-03-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

hope_1.png

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, san-serif]Summary: Chloe's body is taken over by the mind of someone the crew believed was dead. Meanwhile, Dr. Volker is stricken with an illness that threatens his life.[/FONT]

What did you think of Stargate Universe S02E14 Hope? 30 votes

Kidneytastic
    0%
    Goa'uld
    30%
    Diddy KongTheIrishGroverphill106don ramodocdolittleAka IshurconstantgDwaegonSirenX 9 votes
    McKay
    26%
    [Deleted User]Sarnbada_bingThe Gnome5starpoolsmellslikeshoesConor108Dublin_Bud 8 votes
    Rushed
    30%
    VenomD-GenerateBernsjohnnysmackTheKellsGSPfanSudden ValleyElohimtroy111 9 votes
    Stones again? *groan*
    13%
    LoGiEFreudianSlippersManchoCookiemunster 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

So, so boring. There were a few good scenes and I did laugh at the Also Sprach Zarathustra jokes but all the mopey scenes nearly bored me to tears. Still, it was nice to see Red Head again.

Why was Token Black Guy so gung ho about giving his kidney and doing so without any sedative or painkiller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Goa'uld
    I actually really liked this one, a few funny parts too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

McKay
    I also enjoyed it. Definitely did not see that story arc coming along. The music during the op was a good touch and offset the grim tone.

Also nice to see Gin again, although I can't see that lasting long.

On a side note, ties in nicely with the report on organ donation in the news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Stones again? *groan*
    Stargate: Grey's Anatomy.

totally meh episode. Noticed I got completely distracted 2 times and had to rewind to see what I missed.

Sarn wrote: »
    Also nice to see Gin again, although I can't see that lasting long.

About six more episodes at most :p

I've made myself sad posting that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

Goa'uld
    I thought that episode was brilliant.
    Greer = LEGEND

loved that he didn't take pain killers and the part where he screamed for a joke

all and all I loved that fact that it's starting to show a bit of humour in it.

but the more I watch this show the more I fall in love with it and the more I get sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Rushed
    So, so boring. There were a few good scenes and I did laugh at the Also Sprach Zarathustra jokes but all the mopey scenes nearly bored me to tears. Still, it was nice to see Red Head again.

Why was Token Black Guy so gung ho about giving his kidney and doing so without any sedative or painkiller?

Understandable that he'd give his kidney, volker is important for the mission, knows a lot about the ship's shields and weapons, something Greer can't help with. He did get sedatives for the op though, just not for the bone marrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

McKay
    Anyone else notice the slowly increasing amount of humour? Greer screaming as the knife is about to go in, numa numa playing etc.
    It's a pity you could count all the jokes from the first season and the first half of second on one hand, with a little more humour back then a third season might have happened.

Thought the episode was ok, nothing amazing but still watchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Very average to meh episode, honestly...it bored me. Thank the gods for Julie McViven....i'd watch her in anything!, i got the sense that ep. was written to give Chloe something to do!

I will say this, it was well edited....the back and fourth between the body swapping. The surgery stuff while injecting a few laughs, pun intended, was dull....least we got to see Lt. Boobs major boobage!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Very poor overall, Greer.. honestly he really is becoming my favourite part of SGU. The fact theres a couple of brains in the ship now interesting aswell.
    But still over all a poor ep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Stones again? *groan*
    Pretty boring episode for me. The end could lead to some interesting situations but you can be sure that will be all forgotten about by the next episode... Counting down the episodes now, so fingers crossed we'll get one last good one before it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Stones again? *groan*
    LoGiE wrote: »
    Pretty boring episode for me. The end could lead to some interesting situations but you can be sure that will be all forgotten about by the next episode... Counting down the episodes now, so fingers crossed we'll get one last good one before it's all over.
    Don't hold your breath :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

boring episode again, if there were more episodes left to involve the whole "personalities trapped in the ships core" tangent then it may have served a limited purpose but as it is this was a very boring episode.

Greer has always been one of my fav characters to watch but the more screen time he gets now the more it becomes apparent that the writers have no idea on how to develop him into this gun ho personality. The one ep where we saw how his father was so hard on him and pushed him was great, it gave him a reason to be gun ho ALL THE TIME but that one episode with a small insight into why he is constantly gun ho is simply not enough to outweigh or balance the 20 other episodes when he is simply gun ho token black guy.

At least Mitchell in SG1 had a lot of gun ho moments but he did always give a great line of "Im all for fighting to the last man but there at least has to be a plan" . It just lent a bit of realism and depth with that simple line.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Liked the episode. Nice to see Ginn back. Fills out Chloe's clothes way better. Was praying they killed off chloe and subbed in Ginn for a bit. Had momentarily forgot only a few episodes left.

Only bad part was trying to explain the the Mrs what the hell was happening. Her eyes glazed over after the first sentence...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

McKay
    I thought that was really good! Really funny bits with Greer screaming and Brody trying to turn Numa Numa off.:D:D Really wish they would remember the name of the show though and USE THE DAMN GATE!!

McKay

Sgt. Greer is a MARINE!, see Battlefield: LA for more examples of how hard as nails they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Rushed
    Thought the humour was hit and miss and that the epsiode added little to the season arc. they both now remind me of six on BSG- with all the talking into thin air.

How exactly do they think they are going to get bodies for those two women? I liked both ginn and amanda and would have preferred if either of them and had filled the empty vessel chloe.

Elohim wrote: »
    Understandable that he'd give his kidney, volker is important for the mission, knows a lot about the ship's shields and weapons, something Greer can't help with. He did get sedatives for the op though, just not for the bone marrow.
    baz8080 wrote: »
    Sgt. Greer is a MARINE!, see Battlefield: LA for more examples of how hard as nails they are.

I get why he was the best choice it just seemed like he was on the verge of ripping his kidney out and giving it to blondie so fervent was his desire to donate it.
    How exactly do they think they are going to get bodies for those two women? I liked both ginn and amanda and would have preferred if either of them and had filled the empty vessel chloe.

Human form replicators like what happened with Weir when Torri Higginson decided not to come back and for simplicity was replaced with Fran.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Rushed
    I get why he was the best choice it just seemed like he was on the verge of ripping his kidney out and giving it to blondie so fervent was his desire to donate it.

Human form replicators like what happened with Weir when Torri Higginson decided not to come back and for simplicity was replaced with Fran.

Would you not need some sort of special raw materials to make a replicator human, material that probably wouldn't be available on the destiny?

Would you not need some sort of special raw materials to make a replicator human, material that probably wouldn't be available on the destiny?

Neutronium I believe was the key material in HFRs. All the writers would have to do is say there was a store of it somewhere on the ship then, Rush knowing about the ability to create HFRs does the math and makes it work. Of course there would have to be the inevitable screw up somewhere along the line before the day is saved at the last minute. To make it more interesting the story could allow for enough Neutronium for only one HFR which means only Red Head or Paraplegic could come back (or swap around every so often).

Since there's only six episodes left though I'd doubt we'll see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Meh episode. Some funny bits, but TJ's inner turmoil about whether to do the surgery or not didn't really do anything for me.

I quite like the character of Amanda, and Gin too, if less so, so at least we will get to see them floating around the ship.

I too am praying we get at least one great episode before it's all over.

Advertisement