Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old cat and new kittens

• 29-03-2011 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭

One of our cats passed away last month, leaving us with a 13 year old female. She appears fine and doesn't seem to miss her old friend too much.

We promised the kids at the time that we would get a couple of kittens to replace the one we lost. One mentioned it this morning so it hasn't been forgotten. :rolleyes:

Is it ok to introduce kittens to an old cat?
    What tips would you advise to make this a happy event?
    Also, should the kittens be from the same litter or not?

We live and learn! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

hi,

sorry to hear about your cat. I am very curious myself about responses - i am in a similar situation. Our cat is 8, and his friend died.
    I have sooken to 2 charities so far: somebody from a cats' charity suggested that we get a young female (12-18 months) as a kitten could be too much for our boy. But I called DSPCA yesterday, and they were suggesting that maybe we should get a kitten kitten..
    so don't know!

Advertisement