Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy photo mats (mounts) and backing boards?

• 29-03-2011 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've added a buy prints page to my site http://www.photoblog.ie/buy-print/.
    (I don't expect to sell many.)
    I'd like to get some mats/mounts and backing boards.
    Can anyone recommend where to buy them- either online or in store (I'm based in Galway).

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

I'm sure I saw fairly decent quality mounts, boards, etc. recently in Woodies (Dublin) in standard sizes. If you need custom sizes try http://www.360-dpi.com/ - stcstc on boards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

thanks for the recommendation

yes i can computer cut mounts for you in any size and quantity

Be aware the mounts in woodies are generally made or cream core board, they will damage the prints over quite a short space of time. so if your selling the prints, get something better

and to tell you the truth i think my prices are cheaper than ready made ones from the likes of woodies etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Hi STCSTC, are the prices on your website inclusive of carriage?
    Many Thanks

no they dont. all prices are exclusive

it easier to price shipping with the order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I've used framingfantastic.co.uk a few times now. He usually has the mounts done up within the day and couriered down by the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

stcstc wrote: »
    no they dont. all prices are exclusive

it easier to price shipping with the order

When I try make an order it does up the price and goes straight to paypal. What about the delivery?

I was looking for 10 double mounts 11 x 14 for image size 8 x 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

stcstc wrote: »
    thanks for the recommendation

yes i can computer cut mounts for you in any size and quantity

Be aware the mounts in woodies are generally made or cream core board, they will damage the prints over quite a short space of time. so if your selling the prints, get something better

and to tell you the truth i think my prices are cheaper than ready made ones from the likes of woodies etc

Hi,
    I had a look at your site and do seem to be good prices.
    can I ask you what plugin/tool you use for the very nice 'Cart' feature- once you add an item it appears to the left of the screen in a little 'pop out' screen?
    cheers,
    Pa.

its a plugin for rapid weaver called rapid cart

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If Limerick or Dublin's handy to you I sell those mounts (for 8"x12" size pics on a 12"x16"board) out of my galleries for 3quid a pop (including backing board).

Advertisement