Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible problem with dialler

Options
  • 29-03-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

clients phones rings once or twice a day by number 08183651350. they rang Eircom and they said it has something to do with his alarm. and suggestions what might be causing this?
    he has a hkc 8/12 setup to send texts to 3 numbers
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would default the modem card and program it. If you still have the same issue disconnect the modem card and see if they still get the phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

have you ever come across this b4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Only if the numbers are programmed in where the central station numbers go. If it does still do this change the modem but I would try just defaulting the modem first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I have had this problem before with a customer. They were getting phone calls at random times day and night. It's when there's an alarm with a text dialer and eircoms messaging centre somehow (can't remember why) randomly phones the landline numbers that have sent texts. If I recall correctly, eircom sorted it out at their end.

Advertisement