Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone heading to spain this summer tto find work??

Options
  • 29-03-2011 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Thinking of going out to spain to find work in a bar or club this summer, anyone wanna share there experiences with me?? thanks!! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

If you travel to the Costas in search of work and obtain employment without arranging it beforehand you will be lucky. Jobs are hard to find in the current financial climate there, even tending bars and waiting on tables.

Wages there are much cheaper than here and you will be depending on tips to get by. If you dont speak "get by" Spanish at least, your tips customer base will be at least halved and your job prospects will be minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mullen07

their are sites like playawayabroad and air pro they have some good info on them, ive being looking through many forums and these sites are probaly a good idea if going by yourself , , but are meant to be expensive extra costs etc.. the best way to get a job is to head out their and ask around. i'm planning on going around the end of may to either lanzarote, tenerife or greece,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I have an uncle that runs a bar in Santa Ponsa- he said that this year more than ever jobs are going to be incredibly scarce.
    His advice was to get out there as early as possible- last week of April, first week of May etc. Also staff that speak Spanish or at least try to speak a little are looked more favorably on.

Advertisement