Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackGold BGT3595 & Saorview

• 29-03-2011 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I'm going to be building a HTPC in the coming weeks/months (all a question of funding!). My plan is to get the UK channels through Freesat and the Irish channels through Saorview.

The card I was aiming for was the BlackGold BGT3595 but wanted to make absolutely sure that it will work with Saorview. The site only mentions DVB-T which Saorview is using but the site doesn't mention if it can receive an MPEG4 stream rather than the more common MPEG2.

Have any of you used the card to receive Saorview?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

dashford wrote: »
    ...The site only mentions DVB-T which Saorview is using but the site doesn't mention if it can receive an MPEG4 stream rather than the more common MPEG2....

It'll work with Saorview. If you look at the link you posted, you'll see that it does "DVB-T HD streams", which is the spec on Saorview. The decoding is taken care of in software, so you'd need H.246 codecs on your PC to handle that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dashford

polyfusion wrote: »
    It'll work with Saorview. If you look at the link you posted, you'll see that it does "DVB-T HD streams", which is the spec on Saorview. The decoding is taken care of in software, so you'd need H.246 codecs on your PC to handle that.

Ok, thank you for clearing that up polyfusion :)

Advertisement