Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Satelite tv - Help!!!

• 29-03-2011 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi guys,

Iv just moved into a new rental property. After signing the lease im after finding out I cannot get sky due to the trees in the area being an obstruction so this is not an option. I then contacted UPC who called out to do the installation but there is a cable underneath the house which is broken and we cannot repair this as the landlord will not let us tear up the floor boards and front drive so this is also not an option!
    Can anyone help out and advise of any options we have as we are living with just tv3 and tg4 and I think im going to crack up!!!!
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

If you are receiving TV3 and TG4 surely you should be receiving the RTE channels as well? Where are you based? Who told you that sky isn't an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigjayjay

Hi Element 12,

Sky called out and tested for a signal but no luck! We've managed to get rte channels. Any suggestions on what we could do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

bigjayjay wrote: »
    Hi Element 12,

Sky called out and tested for a signal but no luck! We've managed to get rte channels. Any suggestions on what we could do?

Not all Sky engineers are good ones, many are poorly trained and afraid of heights:). Your best bet would be an independant installer. A few extra details might help

What type of property is it ?

Where are you located ?

How far away are the trees, are they much taller than the property ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Jo has some good points, check out : http://www.dishpointer.com/ the satellite you want is 28.2E. Find yourself on the map and put down the marker. You should be able to see if there is anywhere on your property is suitable. The dish doesn't need to be on your house and it doesn't need to be up high. Let us know more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

I would definitely go for an independent installer. You may pay a bit more but they will take the time to work out where you can get a signal. Generally most Sky installers want to climb no higher than a standard ladder and will be under pressure to get as many jobs done in a day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bigjayjay

Thanks for the help guys i checked out the dishpointer link but it points straight through these trees!!! The trees are approx 3-4 times the size of the house so they are a big obstruction, we are living in donnybrook, cork. Any suggestions of any independent installers in the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Henree

Thanks for the help guys i checked out the dishpointer link but it points straight through these trees!!! The trees are approx 3-4 times the size of the house so they are a big obstruction, we are living in donnybrook, cork. Any suggestions of any independent installers in the area?

http://www.stihl.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

http://www.isaa.tv/cork.htm

Advertisement