Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage interest rate options

Options
  • 29-03-2011 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

I own a one-bedroom apartment in Dublin 8 which I am renting out. The current interest rate of 3.990% expires in April and my current repayment is €760 per month, which is pretty much what I am getting on the rent. My mortgage company, ICS, have given me the following options:

Existing Var LTV Rate PDH 3.650% - €740.76 (Est standard repayment)
    2 Year Fixed 4.050% - €768.55
    3 Year Fixed 4.500% - €800.49
    5 Year Fixed 5.300% - €859.04

I would be looking at the 2 Year Fixed rate, more so as I am renting it out
    and it would be the closest figure to the rent amount but I could possibly stretch my repayments to the 3 Year Fixed rate also.

I'm excluding the variable rate in all of this as I assume, from what we're all hearing anyway, that interest rates will just keep going up for the forseeable future.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I'd go three years. Its €30 per month more.

On a €150k mortgage of approximately those rates, its about €100 extra per month per percent of increase. Work out figures from there.

Advertisement