Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RonaldRayGun

Student456 wrote: »
    Would anyone have a summary of IFRS1? I have absolutely no notes on it and cannot find anything on the website!

Thanks a mill in advance!! :)

Here are the class notes for IFRS1 (and other stuff).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Referring to #638. Cheers hooch-85, excellent summary, I am currently using your spreadsheet for my Tax elective and I'm finding it very useful, I'm just wondering does anyone have something similar for the core CASE STUDIES that we have, it would be of a great help. I will post my summary if people wish. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Wrecked007

could someone pls put up sample paper 2 audtit elective and solution, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Wrecked007 wrote: »
    could someone pls put up sample paper 2 audtit elective and solution, thanks

As far as I know there is only one sample elective paper

cheers for that. Could that really be the case, I know there are 2 sample papers for the tax, can anybody else confirm if sample paper 2 for audit elective exists?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FAEs

Does anyone please have the Karglassco Question? I only seem to have the solution!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Perennial Procrastinator

What do people think of Sim 1 of AAE Sample Paper 1?

Is this bordering on too industry specific? Like the reference to the Credit Union Act - do we need to know that?

Also 2010 Mock Sim 1 about how much a Company can distribute, realistic?

These 2 Sims have proper scared the **** outta me:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

This accountancy lark isn't worth it folks, surely there must be more satisfying ways to earn some corn with or without having aca after ur name!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Student456

Here are the class notes for IFRS1 (and other stuff).
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

In relation to non-directive indicators, what are people's thoughts?

I've found so far that the ones I've missed tend to be background strategic/ethical issues. For example, the organisation structure in Investco.

I think by the nature of it it is more difficult to "conceal" an audit/financial reporting/tax issues as most of the time they need to provide you with a certain amount of information to answer the question.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

steve_r wrote: »
    In relation to non-directive indicators, what are people's thoughts?

I've found so far that the ones I've missed tend to be background strategic/ethical issues. For example, the organisation structure in Investco.

I think by the nature of it it is more difficult to "conceal" an audit/financial reporting/tax issues as most of the time they need to provide you with a certain amount of information to answer the question.

Thoughts?

I think Audit indicators could be concealed on the basis of the ethical standards- ie you are the audit senior and you are being asked to do some non audit work for the client or something like that or else it could be to do with the fees/long association with clients. These indicators tend not to be directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lisa39

Moorstown wrote: »
    Referring to #638. Cheers hooch-85, excellent summary, I am currently using your spreadsheet for my Tax elective and I'm finding it very useful, I'm just wondering does anyone have something similar for the core CASE STUDIES that we have, it would be of a great help. I will post my summary if people wish. Thanks.

I was just going to ask for this if any body has one? Would save me having to redo mine! Had one 3/4 done and computer crashed..... hate technology!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

Fiona44 wrote: »
    Any chance of someone posting up the 2010 Mock AAE paper please??

Is anyone able to help with this at all? Much appreciated if someone has it! I have the solution, just not the paper. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Clanno

Wrecked007 wrote: »
    cheers for that. Could that really be the case, I know there are 2 sample papers for the tax, can anybody else confirm if sample paper 2 for audit elective exists?

is there 2 sample for tax elective, i open to correction but all i have is one mock paper and one sample paper, would it be possible to forward a copy of the other one, many thanks...

Fiona44 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to help with this at all? Much appreciated if someone has it! I have the solution, just not the paper. Thanks :)

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Campbell Case - Last case in the Derry Cotter's Fin Rep solutions toolkit.

EPS - Solution Appendix 1

Anyone know where the 2010 earnings figure of €1,200 is coming from?

I can see where the 2009 figure of €850 comes from - 09 earnings less preference divs - but would have thought the 2010 figure should be 1,700 (less preference divs) and not 1,200?

Many thanks!

Rickyroma wrote: »
    Campbell Case - Last case in the Derry Cotter's Fin Rep solutions toolkit.

EPS - Solution Appendix 1

Anyone know where the 2010 earnings figure of €1,200 is coming from?

I can see where the 2009 figure of €850 comes from - 09 earnings less preference divs - but would have thought the 2010 figure should be 1,700 (less preference divs) and not 1,200?

Many thanks!

Hey, Its a misprint in the book. This note was given out in the induction sessions (i spent ages wondering about this yesterday!)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Does anybody have any notes on what the layout and structure of reports, memos etc should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ohgodd

Has anyone done the SP1 comp,Active Health?

The Q says "Ian...will expect an update on the key issues relating to the proposed acquisition by way of a brieifing paper. He's ALSO asked you to prepare a draft of the memo reqiested by Mary Ryan."

Then the answer just has a brief to Ian on the key issues? Anyone else find this? So annoying because in some cases it harps on about the importance of who you are addressing your report etc to! Could waste time in the exam doubting who the f*ck you are supposed to be sending what to! In this q I would have been drafting up a memo and tehn spending about 15 mins doing a seperate brieifing paper to Ian,complete waste!

Or have I just gone mad and am reading it completely arseways?

Any responses greatly appreciated!

okdune wrote: »
    TRANSFER PRICING

I have been putting this off, don't know how likely it will be to have to calculate anything but would like to have a clue if it comes up.

Has anyone found a simple explanation anywhere - or a good example in a case today?

Thanks

Look at post No. 637 on this thread - the 2008 MABF paper and solution - has a Q and sample A on Transfer Pricing.

• Advertisement

luco123 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any notes on what the layout and structure of reports, memos etc should be?

Best idea is to just take the templates in the Institute suggested solutions - most papers will have examples of both. See indicator 1 in attached

For a memo - only 6 things : Headings are "Memorandum", To, From, Date and Subject. Should be unsigned. Per Lisa below - mark as confidential

Report - be careful if including an Executive Summary. You can run out of ime and it looks bad if you've a blank page with a heading "Executive Summary" on page two of your answer!

My advice to get around the executive summmary is to put the heading, and IF you are asked to write it say for your manager prior to giving it to a client (AKA a draft) then just put:

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
    'To be finalised once you have reviewed the main body and are in agreement with it's content'

This shows you know a sumary is requirede,but then you don't waste time actually doing one!

I also plan on putting Private and Confidential on top of all reports,letters, memos etc, cos whether it is a client or manager it can be P&C!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daveyk11

Advanced Audit Elective Mock 2011 solution any one?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 netpia11

anyone got a solution for Firsec with Tax indicator in it please and solution for runways? thanks, god cant wait for this to be over...whatever the outcome is...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Does anybody have the 2010 Tax Elective Mock (ROI)? I can't find it anywhere and another paper to practice is much needed!

no audit sample paper 2 then? Looks like Kerry have it in the bag.....

netpia11 wrote: »
    anyone got a solution for Firsec with Tax indicator in it please and solution for runways? thanks, god cant wait for this to be over...whatever the outcome is...

Here you go....

lisa39 wrote: »
    I was just going to ask for this if any body has one? Would save me having to redo mine! Had one 3/4 done and computer crashed..... hate technology!!!!

Can anyone help with this?

I am part ways through redoing one.... but it's is killing me to have to do on again!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 trixabello

FAEs wrote: »
    Does anyone please have the Karglassco Question? I only seem to have the solution!

The question is the last case in the marketing notes in the resource pack, don't have a soft copy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement