Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MunchieMonster

Cluabu wrote: »
    Thanks Perkina3 I got two of them just missing Sullivans. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist.

Cheers

I have one Sullivan Grocery, not sure if its the one you are looking for, but attached it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missapril

Vaioer wrote: »
    Anyone?

Hey Vaioer,

Just copped I had these in e-mail form - repeating from last year!

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Just finished the Flexum case study. The 4th indicator is absolutely bloody ridiculous! I picked up the 3 obvious indicators and wrote short notes on 2 subjects that I thought could have been the 4th indicator...

Please tell me nobody got that indicator first time around? Who writes a bloody file note to themselves about the ethical considerations about a job that they MIGHT be offered? That's really annoyed me now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Student456

missapril wrote: »
    Hey Vaioer,

Just copped I had these in e-mail form - repeating from last year!

Enjoy :)
    Is there any chance you have a copy of the 2010 mock? Can't get my hands on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 missapril

Student456 wrote: »
    Is there any chance you have a copy of the 2010 mock? Can't get my hands on it :(

Yep here you go..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

@ whoever wants it:

Advanced Audit Elective Mock 2010 attached

@ Hackysack.... Ah brilliant...Had a look at that and tbh now once I have been through it...It's pretty straight forward!!! But god damn what a technical indicator.

@Anyone who cares....You know it's bad when you bump into 3 ppl who haven't seen you in a couple months and they are say you look like **** :eek:....God damn roll on this time a week from now....It will be Beeeeeeeer time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Oopps. forgot to attach the 2010 mock AAA

Perkina3 wrote: »

@Anyone who cares....You know it's bad when you bump into 3 ppl who haven't seen you in a couple months and they are say you look like **** :eek:....God damn roll on this time a week from now....It will be Beeeeeeeer time! :D

Likewise, can't wait or a well earned pint this time next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

Thanks for the Overcoating and Nick Millet, that is my work for tomorrow sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Clanno

Vaioer wrote: »
    Thanks for the Overcoating and Nick Millet, that is my work for tomorrow sorted.

would love a few extra days.... ! where has all the time jus gone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭okdune

Colts wrote: »
    Just finished the Flexum case study. The 4th indicator is absolutely bloody ridiculous! I picked up the 3 obvious indicators and wrote short notes on 2 subjects that I thought could have been the 4th indicator...

Please tell me nobody got that indicator first time around? Who writes a bloody file note to themselves about the ethical considerations about a job that they MIGHT be offered? That's really annoyed me now!!

Colts - totally agree flipping nightmare.

Just seeing that you have just done this one - where are they getting the 25,760 total Design Hours from - is my brain broken? Probably a stupid question......

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Sweet Jesus did anybody else just see that 5 minute section on rte news dedicated to beekeeping in Ireland?! I actually thought I was imagining it!!

*slowly losing it*

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

okdune wrote: »
    Colts - totally agree flipping nightmare.

Just seeing that you have just done this one - where are they getting the 25,760 total Design Hours from - is my brain broken? Probably a stupid question......

Thanks

The €25,760 is basically 1,840 hours *1.4 times (as they work 40% more than scheduled) x 10 staff. Hope this helps.

1306 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus did anybody else just see that 5 minute section on rte news dedicated to beekeeping in Ireland?! I actually thought I was imagining it!!

*slowly losing it*

I unfortunately did and it reminded me of the Mocks, I just wanted to see the "Shamrock Rovers"!!!!

Is there any value in looking at the sample papers seen as their outdated now and were written well before the new FAE commenced? Any thoughts, much appreciated.

Please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up..............................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Just looked at indicator 6 in the 2010 comprehensive mock paper - the one with SPVs, construction contracts and sale and leasebacks - please god tell me nothing like that is going to come up. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Student456

okdune wrote: »
    Please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up, please don't let pricing come up..............................
    I haven't even thought of a pricing question! I looked at the price section alright in marketing thats about it!! It better not come up!! :( What you done for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Hanley wrote: »
    Just looked at indicator 6 in the 2010 comprehensive mock paper - the one with SPVs, construction contracts and sale and leasebacks - please god tell me nothing like that is going to come up. FML.

I think I'll be putting on my indicator and heading straight for the door!

Hanley wrote: »

I'm going to do the 2010 mock paper this morning, Yipee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 querty1234

Quick questions, last year we were told that it would be handy to know information on certain industries that might come up..

Anyone no were ye given a list of possible industries this year... or was this even mentioned before?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 lisa39

Is anyone else dreading the thought of having to sit down and write for 4.5 hours?!? Well read for .5 and write for 4?!

I still haven't managed to do it.

Attention span of a goldfish...... and a similar memory too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tinac_b

Hackysack wrote: »
    Just attempted the Core Comp from last year's exam.

I stopped halfway through due to sheer boredom and the thoughts of actually continuing on with it. Hope i'll be able to muster up motivation in the main exam.

Yeah I did that too and what I had done was completely different to what they wanted, I really thought I was going to lose it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tinac_b

lisa39 wrote: »
    Is anyone else dreading the thought of having to sit down and write for 4.5 hours?!? Well read for .5 and write for 4?!

I still haven't managed to do it.

Attention span of a goldfish...... and a similar memory too!

Yeah I'm the same I just cant get motivated to do anything at all.

Cassi just sent around an email asking for exam feedback, stating that the survey will close on Monday. When you open the link it start by congratulating you on finishing your exam week.

Glad to see they're on the ball!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 the_big_dawg

Whats the crack with another survey and when u open it it says congrats on makin it thru ur exam week- we haven't even done them yet and the closing date is this Monday. Just proves Acassi is just as incompetent as the institute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 acahopeful

Hi, can you provide non audit services to listed entities that are audit clients of the firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Colts wrote: »
    Cassi just sent around an email asking for exam feedback, stating that the survey will close on Monday. When you open the link it start by congratulating you on finishing your exam week.

Glad to see they're on the ball!
    Just came on to post the same. Glad to see they really have our interests at heart. similar to the institutes survey a few weeks ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭PB1982

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anybody who did the revision course with the institute can help me. I'm looking for the core auditing lecture in the streaming section but can't seem to see it? Anybody know if it's there at all?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Student456 wrote: »
    I haven't even thought of a pricing question! I looked at the price section alright in marketing thats about it!! It better not come up!! :( What you done for it?

Have you done the Flexum question - try that at least it gives you a layout to follow should it come up. Although it says in the solutions that the sentences with * are the key sentences they are looking for - I claerly would have failed it. Wayyy too specific.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement