Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Was lookin at this yrs core comp mock. Does Any1 else think ther shud b an indicator on identifying the audit risks.... seems weird its not in solution

It is in the solution- I just looked at it there. Its the last indicator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 epm84

lisa39 wrote: »
    Hey,

Saw a few pages back there someone saying the pricing was a finance indicator.... was pretty sure it would be a management indicator?! Like for PM?

What do people think?

In Versatile Imaging (2010 Mock Sim) it's a business leadership indicator under marketing. Looks like it's just what comes into their heads first! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

SL10 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering for AAE how much work are people doing on the ISRE's and ISAE's?

I'm a bit confused over these- for instance when are they used? Does anyone have a practicable example? I dont think I have come across any questions on them in the case studies.

Thanks

Used for a review engagement rather than an audit engagement. less strenuous requirements and less evidence required. More reliance on AR's allowed etc

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

epm84 wrote: »
    In Versatile Imaging (2010 Mock Sim) it's a business leadership indicator under marketing. Looks like it's just what comes into their heads first! :rolleyes:

That one is a complete ridiculous indicator.

Absolute no mention of the idea that the screens could be under warranty and the resultant IAS37 implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Do you know what would be great now? A game of tag. Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Looks like Bernard Brogan has a few other things on his mind other than the FAEs anyway.

Wonder how he feels about the exam on Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

This boy is cracking up
    This boy has broken down

• Registered Users Posts: 42 querty1234

I have officially given up.. dont think I could possibly study any more of this lovely material!!

Think i'l jst worry bout tabbing books and folders for next two days and hope for a miracle come Tuesday...

Best of luck to all though!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 limklass2011

querty1234 wrote: »
    I have officially given up.. dont think I could possibly study any more of this lovely material!!

Think i'l jst worry bout tabbing books and folders for next two days and hope for a miracle come Tuesday...

Best of luck to all though!!:)
    Thats exactly what im doin..ive couple of case studies that im gonna flick through then get to know whats in my folders for sure..itl kill me if theres something that comes up thats in my folder that ive completely forgotten about.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Alorra

I think i would have perferred to have been studying than watch that game. okay maybe not... Now off to sit at my desk and hope that means i do work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Thats exactly what im doin..ive couple of case studies that im gonna flick through then get to know whats in my folders for sure..itl kill me if theres something that comes up thats in my folder that ive completely forgotten about.

Same as, that's exactly what I'm doing too, tabbing and organising and giving my brain some much needed rest rest rest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 acahopeful

Hi, can anyone help me in relation to Indigo plc. How did they calculate the pv of the Licence. Licence cost is 1milllion a year and PV IS 8,333,333??? Tired and frustrated :(

acahopeful wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone help me in relation to Indigo plc. How did they calculate the pv of the Licence. Licence cost is 1milllion a year and PV IS 8,333,333??? Tired and frustrated :(
    If u look at post #444 on page 30 of this thread, it was discussed @ it seems that this is an assumption of a discount factor of 12%..mad I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Why????

Hey all can't seem to get motivated at this stage! head is splitting.

Can anyone help me with something...for audit core.

I haven't opened the new APB book I received because i have my old one all tabbed and highlighted. Just wondering with the revision of some of the standards this year is there any major changes I need to know without reading through the whole standard or will my knowledge on the standards from last year be enough?? Can't bring myself at this stage to start looking at how they've changed. Enough things to be doing! Hate when things have changed!!!

We're on the home run now!!!!! :D We will finally get our lives back on thurs! Longest summer of my life!!!!

If u look at post #444 on page 30 of this thread, it was discussed @ it seems that this is an assumption of a discount factor of 12%..mad I know

Thanks but wouldn't that mean its 833k not 8.3million? any info would be great, thanks

Thanks but wouldn't that mean its 833k not 8.3million? any info would be great, thanks
    It says in solution that it assumes a perpetuity formula so then cashflow (1000) / rate (assuming 12%) will give u then 8.333m...hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 netpia11

Hi Does anyone have an Index made up for Derry Cotter book??? would be really appreciated!!

netpia11 wrote: »
    Hi Does anyone have an Index made up for Derry Cotter book??? would be really appreciated!!

I know that book is great but all over the place so hard to find things!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

ahtfulal wrote: »
    I know that book is great but all over the place so hard to find things!

The index at the back of the book isn't too bad to follow, just handwrote into my notes anything that could be extra useful...

Hi, does anyone have a detailed index of all the case studies? If not, no worries

• Advertisement

Hi, does anyone have a detailed index of all the case studies? If not, no worries

I'm nearly sure there was one put up here a couple of wks back, just have a flick through the attachments and ya should find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tt0717

Think the panic attack is hitting me!! Feeling so nervos about it right now, hope I will be able to stay calmer on the day!:eek:

tt0717 wrote: »
    Think the panic attack is hitting me!! Feeling so nervos about it right now, hope I will be able to stay calmer on the day!:eek:

You'll be ok don't be worrying, once we find da indicators we'll be off and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Think I'm just going to follow the lead of others and just finish up tabbing and quickly reading over some short notes tomorrow. Just can't wait for Thursday evening now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Student456

Is it just me or did anyone else do absolutely nothing today?! Can't concentrate at all and getting easily distracted! :(

Feel like I wasted the day! Cannot wait for Thursday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tt0717

Yeah couldnt do much today either feel like cant get anymore stuff in the head its full. Going to take it easy tomorrow and familiarise myself with the folders as advised by others...

Think it is important to rest well these few nights too so that we will be able to stay focused on the day as 4 and a half hour is long...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Student456 wrote: »
    Is it just me or did anyone else do absolutely nothing today?! Can't concentrate at all and getting easily distracted! :(

Feel like I wasted the day! Cannot wait for Thursday!!

I wouldn't worry about it, I doubt there's too much to learn at this late stage, just final preparations for most i'd imagine.

Too much sport on today to concentrate on study anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 trixabello

Last day, best of luck to everyone tomorrow, nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 trixabello

Last day, best of luck to everyone tomorrow, nearly there now!

• Advertisement

Torture almost over, best of luck to all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement