Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Why????

Why???? wrote: »
    Hey all can't seem to get motivated at this stage! head is splitting.

Can anyone help me with something...for audit core.

I haven't opened the new APB book I received because i have my old one all tabbed and highlighted. Just wondering with the revision of some of the standards this year is there any major changes I need to know without reading through the whole standard or will my knowledge on the standards from last year be enough?? Can't bring myself at this stage to start looking at how they've changed. Enough things to be doing! Hate when things have changed!!!

We're on the home run now!!!!! :D We will finally get our lives back on thurs! Longest summer of my life!!!!

Any1 have any thoughts on this????

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

ahtfulal wrote: »
    Torture almost over, best of luck to all!

Nice relaxing day of tabbing. Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 tinac_b

Good luck every1, lets just gets these stupid things over and done with.

Any1 else wonder why they ever started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Any1 else wonder why they ever started?[/Quote]

Yes all the time it's just not worth it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

If I spent all summer studying for these and fail I'm going to be furious about all the things I didn't do and times I didn't go out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 lisa39

Hey,

Anyone know where the followinbg cases come from?

Nature Flame
    Overcoat
    David DG
    Nick

Sorry if this has been asked already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 netpia11

Can someone please reassure me that METRO was seriously tough??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 acahopeful

Hi everyone, were there AAE sample papers? Cannot seem to find them anywhere but I can see tax ones?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Hi

has anyone heard of kaka casestudy? if so can you please post up the question and solution, thanks.

Best of luck to everyone this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lowrey

Why???? wrote: »
    Any1 have any thoughts on this????

I'd look at ISA 240 Fraud (maintain professional skeptiscm and need unpredicatbility testing) and 600 Groups (changed a bit). (there are also two new standards 265 communicate IC weakness & 450 evaluate misstatements but these requirements would have been in old standards)
    If you read the ABP http://www.frc.org.uk/apb/publications/pub2129.html
    there's a full summary by abp. (note the changes to ISA 700 - 706 do not effect ROI exam).

Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Good luck to everyone starting the FAE's tomorrow:):)

Just heading into FAE year 2011/2012 and wondering does anyone have a copy of the Galway FAE lecture timetable from 2010/2011 - need to see whats ahead of me and start talking the boss arround cause I hear some lectures were held on a Monday as well as Sat/Sun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Why????

Lowrey wrote: »
    I'd look at ISA 240 Fraud (maintain professional skeptiscm and need unpredicatbility testing) and 600 Groups (changed a bit). (there are also two new standards 265 communicate IC weakness & 450 evaluate misstatements but these requirements would have been in old standards)
    If you read the ABP http://www.frc.org.uk/apb/publications/pub2129.html
    there's a full summary by abp. (note the changes to ISA 700 - 706 do not effect ROI exam).

Good luck!

Thanks!!! Cant think right! sooo screwed!!

From the e-mail we got from the institute about the additional case studies, they said there would be another case called Precision Mow uploaded shortly. did that case study ever go up?

thanks

I am pretty sure they were referring to the precision cut case, do you have that?

lisa39 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure they were referring to the precision cut case, do you have that?

No i dont, could you attach if you have thanks!!

Here just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Both yesterday and today I saw a date written down for the exams, immediately panicked, reached for my phone to reassure myself that I havent missed the exam. This has not been a fun summer :-(

Why are the electives on 1pm - 5.30?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Both yesterday and today I saw a date written down for the exams, immediately panicked, reached for my phone to reassure myself that I havent missed the exam. This has not been a fun summer :-(

They changed the times for electives this year for some reason. Core and Sims 10-2.30 as per last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

They changed the times for electives this year for some reason. Core and Sims 10-2.30 as per last year.

I think I'll be grateful for it on Wednesday night! At least you can study for elective beforehand, there's not much you can look at for Core in the hours leading up to it. Can't wait for Thursday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck everybody. Thanks for all the input into this thread it was very useful over the summer!
    Will be delighted to have these over with but not looking forward to going back to work on Monday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Colts wrote: »
    I think I'll be grateful for it on Wednesday night! At least you can study for elective beforehand, there's not much you can look at for Core in the hours leading up to it. Can't wait for Thursday evening.

This point, and you get a lie in. its very tiring the Tuesday and Wednesday well I found it so. 4.5hrs is a long time to concentrate.

one of the biggest complaints lat year was no break, institute said they'd look, but obviously didn't want to pay for the hall to be kept empty & so switched to afternoon. fair compromise IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 acahopeful

hey, does anyone know where the figure of 1830 is got in the comp active health plc in caluclating the gearing ratio? Thanks in advance. Also if anyone had a soft copy of the AAE sample paper and solution i'd really really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 limklass2011

acahopeful wrote: »
    hey, does anyone know where the figure of 1830 is got in the comp active health plc in caluclating the gearing ratio? Thanks in advance. Also if anyone had a soft copy of the AAE sample paper and solution i'd really really appreciate it.

I have AAE Sample Paper 1 Q and S if this is what u are looking for.
    FAE Elective Advanced Auditing and Assurance - Sample Paper 1 Solution.pdf

FAE Elective Advanced Auditing and Assurance - Sample Paper 1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 the_big_dawg

Madeline M wrote: »
    Its core - i've seen it mentioned in one of the case studies. Its also in the resource pack - in the 'guide to transactions involving directors' leaflet so we're def meant to know it.

I dont seem to have this document. Anyone got this on hard copy or notes on legality of directors loans > 10% of net assets?

Thanks in advance.

If you got the resource pack it is defo in that.

If not maybe try the ODCE website. http://www.odce.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

acahopeful wrote: »

It's the revalution gain on the building, see part (c) or something like that for the actual calc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 the_big_dawg

Thanks for getting back Lisa. I don't think I had it in my resource pack. I took all the documents out and put them in the appropriate files and cant see it.

Im thinking that it may be just ROI law. Maybe the rules dont apply in Northern Ireland?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Thanks for getting back Lisa. I don't think I had it in my resource pack. I took all the documents out and put them in the appropriate files and cant see it.

Im thinking that it may be just ROI law. Maybe the rules dont apply in Northern Ireland?
    :confused:

That is the case. It's not applicable in NI. anytime it's been in a solution it's had ROI only beside it!

I am afraid I don't know, this is what we got attached here, hope this helps!!

Glad you got your answer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Fuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkk....sorry just hit me there that these are happening TOMORROW! Best of luck everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement