Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FAEStudent1

There was a lot of confusion over this SIM - be sure to submit it as a complaint through the feedback channels. The more they recieve - the more they are likely to attach lower weighting to these indicators

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

shery wrote: »
    No, this was the 3rd last column that said quantity per "Chevall's records at 31 dec 2010". This is different to the Quantity listed in the 4th column from start which per the question was provided by client. The second last column was minimun quantity requirement. I mistook the 3rd last column as quantity per our observation. It was in fact the record held by Chevhall of the inventory record held by Executive Motors.

Essentially, there was no column of our physical inspection inventory numbers. The only column audit junior had added was Existence (column 5) and Comments (Last column 8).

EXTREMELY conufsing!

As you were reviewing her work papers I would expect that was one of the things you were meant to comment in on your briefing note to the manager and was probably an indicator you were expected to pick up, and not an error by the ICAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Originally Posted by shery viewpost.gif
    No, this was the 3rd last column that said quantity per "Chevall's records at 31 dec 2010". This is different to the Quantity listed in the 4th column from start which per the question was provided by client. The second last column was minimun quantity requirement. I mistook the 3rd last column as quantity per our observation. It was in fact the record held by Chevhall of the inventory record held by Executive Motors.

Essentially, there was no column of our physical inspection inventory numbers. The only column audit junior had added was Existence (column 5) and Comments (Last column 8).

EXTREMELY conufsing!

I took it that it was an error and should have been noted in my review. I asked had a stock take been attended, sample count been conducted etc.. I felt that it was one of the indicators rather than an error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Distraught Betty

That's only one of the possible choices that I'm sure you need to discuss, Im not worried about it to be honest. Once you mentioned some review points Im hoping that the institute give you the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 fancyanosh

There was a lot of confusion over this SIM - be sure to submit it as a complaint through the feedback channels. The more they recieve - the more they are likely to attach lower weighting to these indicators

they would be (slightly) more likely to lower the benchmark with regard to what you needed to get competent but this will mainly be done based on what students wrote on these indicators not the amount of complaints they receive!

all indicators are worth the same

• Advertisement

SL10 wrote: »
    Just checked and its examinable on the competency statement. That is extremely annoying that the book says it wasnt examinable

A lot of that book was taken from ICAEW and those comments would be based on whatever exams they have to sit

on the copyright page it thanks the ICAEW for being allowed to reproduce material

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stey_9

When is the CASSI FAE report due out?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Stey_9 wrote: »
    When is the CASSI FAE report due out?

Will be out tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Why????

Rickyroma wrote: »
    Will be out tomorrow

someone please paste the link when they are aware it's out!! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FAEStudent1

fancyanosh wrote: »
    A lot of that book was taken from ICAEW and those comments would be based on whatever exams they have to sit

on the copyright page it thanks the ICAEW for being allowed to reproduce material

They also have a Chartered Accountancy logo on every page of the Audit elective book - which made is pretty confusing for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

I will be attempting the FAE in 2012. From reading through this it appears that the material we will get from the Institute could be lacking in some key areas. Is that a reasonable concern?

Is there any other material that is more reliable?

Sooo.... that CASSI report. Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Kind of surprised by how little was said about Audit Elective Sim 3 but it's probably due to the amount of feedback people actually gave on it.

I'm quite happy with the increased emphasis on getting repeat exams set up though. Hopefully something will come of it but i can't see the institute doing anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

where does one get this report to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Does anyone know when the examiners report is out? I heard rumour that one had been released already!

SL10 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the examiners report is out? I heard rumour that one had been released already!

Don't think they would release it before results day - would cause widespread panic. Think they put out draft solutions on the day the results come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

5 weeks to go. Longest fcuking wait ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

hooch-85 wrote: »
    5 weeks to go. Longest fcuking wait ever!

Keeps popping into my head for the last few weeks that I've got these coming soon. Just praying now that I get them.

...feeling less and less confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

Never felt confident in the first place . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

They seem like a lifetime ago now

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Wish I could just get them now, the first month after the exams were fine but now it's wrecking my head wanting to hear.

I've convinced myself that i've cocked up the elective and i'm praying I pass CORE!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

3 weeks This Friday Agh I feel sick already!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Getting there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

1 week.......

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GraceKav

Heard rumours that the % results are in line with last year. Apparently there was some results meeting in Belfast. Have no idea how accurate this is though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

grainnecal wrote: »
    Heard rumours that the % results are in line with last year. Apparently there was some results meeting in Belfast. Have no idea how accurate this is though.....

Proabably at the "Interpreting FAE Results”- A briefing for those who will be dealing with student FAE result queries

I would expect the pass rate to be in line with last year.
    The pass rate overall dropped from 76.3% in 2009 (and 76.3% in 2008) to 62% in 2010.

Are you telling me the standard of student dropped 14% in one year? Not likely.

Likely that they either didn't allow enough for poor teaching of the 1st year of the new FAE; or allow enough for it being a new course when marking it; or the loss of compensation has really effected the pass rate.

For the pass rate to sizeably differ in 2011 compared to 2010 would show how badly they got it wrong in 2010 imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I'd be extremely surprised if the pass rate this year is remotely close to last year's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Hackysack wrote: »
    I'd be extremely surprised if the pass rate this year is remotely close to last year's...

Do you think it will be higher or lower, and why?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement