Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Do you think it will be higher or lower, and why?

Can't comment on Core but I reckon the Elective pass rate for Auditing would drop, paper was much tougher this year, just hoping I got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

grainnecal wrote: »
    Heard rumours that the % results are in line with last year. Apparently there was some results meeting in Belfast. Have no idea how accurate this is though.....

The comment regarding results being broadly in line with previous year is as generic as possible. Of course they're gona be roughly in line with previous year, how much is the real question. Thus if you have no valid information to offer, please keep it to yourself.
    Hackysack wrote: »
    I'd be extremely surprised if the pass rate this year is remotely close to last year's...

Making a general comment like this is upsetting to some and without merit as no evidence is provided to support this assertion.

Both of you stop trying to stir the pot.

Information as regarding the actual results is kept under the strictest confidentiality, I'd imagine anybody privilaged to know any information would be required to sign confidentiality papers etc.

I would recommend that people disregard all comments posted on this site over the coming days until the results are released on Friday. Until then all information is simply speculation, at best.

Best of luck to all of you awaiting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

Nidot wrote: »
    Making a general comment like this is upsetting to some and without merit as no evidence is provided to support this assertion.
    Until then all information is simply speculation

Ditto. It was my speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

Never dreaded something so much, argh

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

Coldplayer wrote: »
    Never dreaded something so much, argh

I know. And 11 weeks waiting is an eternity.

If I'd a wish list I'd make it 8 weeks max. and there would be repeats for both Core & Elective.

• Advertisement

Yeah and the most annoying thing under the sun is every f**ker asking when they are out! thoughts of repeating is just heart breaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DC86

Anyone know where the results would be posted? In our student centre when we log into the site or as a link on the front page of the CAI website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

DC86 wrote: »
    Anyone know where the results would be posted? In our student centre when we log into the site or as a link on the front page of the CAI website?

there'll be a link on the homepage to a pdf with results.

DC86 wrote: »

Front page of the CAI website will give a link. Says from 7am Friday but it was up by 6am last year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DC86

Thanks for that! All the best of luck to you, we'll need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

It really is a brutal system. Not looking forward to searching for my name and then scrolling up to see if im on the pass or credit list!!!

It really is a brutal system. Not looking forward to searching for my name and then scrolling up to see if im on the pass or credit list!!!

Very true, being saying it years that they should have it in secure log in to each student's portal..its like the institute are naming and shaming people, not that there is any shame in failing these exams, its just very harsh.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Very true, being saying it years that they should have it in secure log in to each student's portal..its like the institute are naming and shaming people, not that there is any shame in failing these exams, its just very harsh.

With Data Protection being so important these days it's crazy that they still publish your name rather than student number.

And if no name is up, then it means you've failed all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am dreading them. I don't think I passed either one but can always live in hope.

kitten_k wrote: »
    I am dreading them. I don't think I passed either one but can always live in hope.

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭daddydick

Looking forward to a good few ales tomorrow evening to send me into a deep coma!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

I seriously just need to know at this stage...obsessive is not the word....I keep refreshing the icai page in case they have been posted up early! Dont know how I am going to manage the next 36 hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 s.gupta1487

Hi Guys,

I think somebody has played a prank with me. I'm currently outside Ireland and one of my friends told me that FAE 2011 results will be published next week instead of 18th nov. Can anybody please provide some light on it. I have checked the website but no information! please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi Guys,

I think somebody has played a prank with me. I'm currently outside Ireland and one of my friends told me that FAE 2011 results will be published next week instead of 18th nov. Can anybody please provide some light on it. I have checked the website but no information! please help!

I think it was announced that FAE 2012 results will be published around 25 November 2012.

2011 results tomorrow.

Best of luck everyone.

steve_r wrote: »
    I think it was announced that FAE 2012 results will be published around 25 November 2012.

2011 results tomorrow.

Best of luck everyone.

2012 results out Nov 23. This is because the 2012 exams will be held about a week later than usual

2011 results are out tomorrow, 7am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 s.gupta1487

thanks a million guys...i was bit relaxed but now i'm tensed for tomm..
    all the best everybody..

Crazy to think our results letters are sitting in the respective post offices right now. . .

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Dreading tomorrow... does anyone know if our results are posted to our training firm or home address??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

They are posted to our home address I think.

Best of luck to you all tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

So dreading tomorrow - totally screwed them up its just the confirmation i hate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

kitten_k wrote: »
    They are posted to our home address I think.

Best of luck to you all tomorrow.

Thanks!

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

As someone who is repeating FAE, i'm well aware that a red in one indicator is a fail.

I also know last years results are not considered either, so should I be deemed competent in the area I got a red in last year & a red in an area I passed last year I will fail again.

However, as the word used is 'competent', having been deemed competent by the institute in 5 of the six areas last year, & if I am competent in the 6th area this year, surely I have been deemed competent by the Institute in all of the super 6 & should pass.

I know the Institute will have none of this, but what does anyone else repeating FAE core think of this?

p13 wrote: »
    As someone who is repeating FAE, i'm well aware that a red in one indicator is a fail.

I also know last years results are not considered either, so should I be deemed competent in the area I got a red in last year & a red in an area I passed last year I will fail again.

However, as the word used is 'competent', having been deemed competent by the institute in 5 of the six areas last year, & if I am competent in the 6th area this year, surely I have been deemed competent by the Institute in all of the super 6 & should pass.

I know the Institute will have none of this, but what does anyone else repeating FAE core think of this?

Not repeating core but theoretically you are correct but I severely doubt the institute will even consider that. The same thing (kinda) happened to a work colleague of mine who was doing the professional tax exams, she passed two exams and failed two, had to repeat all four and in the next sitting she passed the two she failed the first time and failed the ones she passed the first time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

God I feel sick I'm so nervious not just about the Results(Think that only a miracle will save me) but what happens after boss won't be supportive at all just don't want to hear those words "Please leave"!:(:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

@hooch-85 Of course they'll not agree to that, but it should have been considered. Firstly stupid having bad to resit all 6 again, but that's the format of exam.

There's just a strong possibility of this occurring to a few people so if it were to arise we should band together! Fingers crossed it doesn't happen though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement