Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

p13 wrote: »
    As someone who is repeating FAE, i'm well aware that a red in one indicator is a fail.

I also know last years results are not considered either, so should I be deemed competent in the area I got a red in last year & a red in an area I passed last year I will fail again.

However, as the word used is 'competent', having been deemed competent by the institute in 5 of the six areas last year, & if I am competent in the 6th area this year, surely I have been deemed competent by the Institute in all of the super 6 & should pass.

I know the Institute will have none of this, but what does anyone else repeating FAE core think of this?

I'm in the exact same boat. Passed 5 of 6 last year. Knowing my luck I'll get that last one this year but fail another I previously passed.

I propose the following system:

if you got 4 or 5 out of 6 in first sitting, then

if in your second sitting, you pass the 1 or 2 you previously had failed (in the first sitting), and

in your second sitting you also got at least 4 out of 6,

then you would be deemed to Pass.

Under this system you would have passed the majority (4 or 5) in both years and passed all 6 areas over two sittings.

Seems fair, especially after waiting a whole year to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

That sounds fair enough mydiscworld.

Feels like a lottery at the moment !

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Best of luck to everyone getting their results tomorrow.No matter What happens there are more important things in life.It'll be great to pass but its not the end of the world if you don't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 trixabello

Best of luck tomorrow everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Was confident I did well last year and failed the lot! Came out of this one knowing I've totally screwed them up - you do the double entry on that!!!
    Let's just say I'll not be losing sleep tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Good luck tomorrow everyone :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Anyone know where the results are getting posted to online?

Good luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Should be on the front page of charteredaccountants.ie if not go to the students section

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

I've decided to stay up all night drinking bottles of Heineken and playing Tiger Woods on the PS3...no chance I'll sleep.

Best of luck peeps...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

What time are the results being published on the website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

7am

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Best of luck in the morning everyone. Just cracking open the second bottle of wine, hoping to grab some sleep and wake up to some good news.

Just really hope I pass core, i can deal with having to repeat elective but the thought of repeating the whole lot again kills me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carly_2011

Would do anything for a drink right now... am on silly antibiotics and sitting up bright eyed and bushy tailed... :eek: playing online poker! may as well start the new career now!!

good luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭1306

Once results are up could someone kindly attach the PDF here please & thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

I have been clicking refresh for around 30 minutes!!! The wait is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

Praise Jesus Allah Buddah, i love you all, i passed,

Get the f*ck in there

Worst nights sleep in my life

Chin up to anyone who didn't make it through this time

Congrats to anyone else who passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 stacypeak

It is ok to wait.. if it worth it..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Do we get our results in the post today or Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

Came out the right side of the line, happy days.

To the people that didn't pass, meaningless words don't help. However if I had woken to find I had failed both, I would have been unsurprised. Forget about them, chin up and hit them again next summer.

On a serious note, I wouldn't have passed it without this thread. To be the people I have never met who posted notes, past papers, answered questions and all the rest, thank you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

got them, though my relief is tempered by the fact that a few of my friends didn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 p13

Thankfully passed!
    I can now complain about the system without it sounding sour grapes. The whole thing is terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Get the fcuk in!!!

Hard luck to people that didn't get through - been there myself in the cap1s and cap2s but.....get the fcuk in!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 trixabello

steve_r wrote: »
    got them, though my relief is tempered by the fact that a few of my friends didn't....
    Passed, delighted!but I know what u mean, would have felt better if all of my friends passed too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ABCxyz 123

attached

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

I failed one....hope its the elective....more waiting to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

trixabello wrote: »
    Passed, delighted!but I know what u mean, would have felt better if all of my friends passed too...

Well said . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I passed the Core and failed the elective.

When I seen my name on the credits list I was sure I had failed Core and pass the elective. Was delighted when HR called to tell me which one I passed.

Am still disappointed I didn't get them all but as was said earlier in the thread, there are worse things to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Norman123

Failed audit..anyone ever hear of an appeal that changed to a pass??

And anyone fail get decile less than 10??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think it is very hard to get your marks change especially as the papers were marked by at least 2 people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement