Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Norman123 wrote: »
    Failed audit..anyone ever hear of an appeal that changed to a pass??

And anyone fail get decile less than 10??

Failed Audit for a 2nd year in a row. Thought I answered well but got decile 7. Don't think ill be repeating it simply because i dont know where i am going wrong. Anyone else thinking of changing to APM?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Peanut_M

Passed one and failed one.

How did some people get their decile ranking already?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Coldplayer

passed with decile ranking 5, clearly borderline!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Peanut_M wrote: »

They probably rang the institute

Call 01 5233926 with your student number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Passed :) Am delighted! :D

Congrats to everyone who passed and hard luck to those who weren't so lucky this time round. Overall pass rate was quite low this year from what i can make out.

Thanks again to everyone on this thread for all your help/notes/cases etc

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Call 01 5233926 with your student number

Thanks! I passed core, failed audit. Sufficiency of 1 but decile ranking of 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

I failed both!!! gutted.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ABCxyz 123

Does anyone know of / think there is any way they would bring in an earlier repeat for the electives??

Such a nightmare having to wait until next Sept to repeat it when you are just out of contract.

I know it should be like the other exams and be repeated in 2 months

• Advertisement

You could maybe understand why there would be none for the core as you'd need more time off to study for that and that wouldnt work during busy season etc / am sure the firms wouldnt let that happen.... but all you'd need for elective is 2 wks max off!!

And they could do repeats for both elective & core in may/june

Wishful thinking on my part ...

I am the same don't want to have to wait a year

Trying to find on the website how to appeal the result. I know it prob won't be changed, but I'd like to know where I went wrong. Does anyone know how to go about it?

They usually send details in the post with your results I think

I wonder is there a way to move to ACCA final exams instead - at least then they have the two sittings instead

Will definitely recommend to anyone from now on to do ACCA, so much more flexible for repeats/sittings etc

I think there is an option to. You would need to contact them to see what you would be exempt from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Norman123

Trying to find on the website how to appeal the result. I know it prob won't be changed, but I'd like to know where I went wrong. Does anyone know how to go about it?

I got all the appeals forms in the post this morning..€450 it cost!

Do u get feedback from an appeal as in where u went wrong and that??

Norman123 wrote: »
    I got all the appeals forms in the post this morning..€450 it cost!

Do u get feedback from an appeal as in where u went wrong and that??

I didn't think you did. A better option may be to go and see the script and compare it to the solution.

kitten_k wrote: »
    I didn't think you did. A better option may be to go and see the script and compare it to the solution.

I have no idea whether you get feedback or not :(

Can you go see the script?? :confused:

They dont allow you to see the script anymore. I heard from people who failed last year and got re-checks/paid for feedback on where they went wrong that it was no good, but maybe ask around?

• Advertisement

I went to see one of my Cap 2 / Prof 3 scripts. Not too sure if you can do it with the new FAE but you should check it out.

ABCxyz 123 wrote: »
    They dont allow you to see the script anymore. I heard from people who failed last year and got re-checks/paid for feedback on where they went wrong that it was no good, but maybe ask around?

That's a pity, I found it very useful to see the script.

That's a pity, I found it very useful to see the script.

Its a load of bull not being able to see your scripts. How are you supposed to know where you went wrong, the whole appeals process is just another f*ckin money spinner for the shower of frauds up in that institute.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 querty1234

firstly congrats to all who passed! i was repeating core this year and have to say i'm both shocked and delighted that i passed!

for those that didnt get them, hard luck. But i honestly think these exams have no reflection on anyones ability or knowledge to be an accountant!

i paid for a recheck last year... €450 for a one liner in an email! Not sure if its worth it! And they wont explain where you went wrong! I think maybe getting the report might be more useful although it doesnt have a whole pile of detail in it!

Best of luck for next year tho...

I don't think I will bother getting it re-checked or the report, it is not going to change the fact I have failed it. I will just put alot of effort into the auditing elective and fingers crossed will get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Congratulations to all those that passed, I failed both. absolutely gutted knew i hadnt got core but was hoping for elective - for some relieve but no!
    7 weeks of hard graft for what?

I don't think I will bother getting it re-checked or the report, it is not going to change the fact I have failed it. I will just put alot of effort into the auditing elective and fingers crossed will get it.

I was in the same position last year and i put a hard couple of weeks into the auditing and still failed. That is why I am thinking of changing to APM especially since its my last chance.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I was in the same position last and i bit a hard couple of weeks into the auditing and still failed. That is why I am thinking of changing to APM especially since its my last chance.

I am usually ok on auditing but didn't give it as much attention as I should as I was overwhelmed by the Core so hopefully pure focus on auditing will be ok.

Will attend the CGS and all lectures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Susie.Q

hey guys,

Congratz to everyone who passed. I failed APM with a decile ranking of 8 and a sufficiency grouping of 1. Pass rate is 82% I think. However I was convinced I passed the exam. Is it worth paying the money to get it rechecked? How often does the grade change from a fail to a pass? Help please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kingdomkerry

Absolutely sick. Failed due to one red in auditing. Last year I failed due to one red in tax.
    I passed the elective in auditing last year and got a green in the core in auditing.
    When I combine the results from last year and this year I got a green in each of the super six in one of the years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement