Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE 2011 Where to begin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CapallBan

here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Clanno wrote: »
    am trying to piece together my cases studies at the moment, i appear to be missing some solutions, would anyone care to share - metro water,mid west oil, bolt industries, horizons group, ply4hire...

The new case studies are having solutions releases on a weekly basis. Lst one will be released 29th July.

Needed

Has anybody got a summary tax reference sheet with all rates, bands, credits and the like for 2010/11? I can't seem to find it on the student website.

Second String Limited Case Study.

Might also be worth pointing out before anybody makes any more requests that if you click the attachment beside the 'FAE 2011 - Where to Begin' thread title on the main board all files uploaded so far will be shown. Most people probably know this but it might save a few people clogging up threads asking for the same stuff repeatedly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 CPJM

Needed

[/B][/U]Has anybody got a summary tax reference sheet with all rates, bands, credits and the like for 2010/11? I can't seem to find it on the student website.

If you go to course material and down near the beginning of the year, 11 Jan 2011 (in my notes section) - FAE Core Induction Notes - All Subjects. Then under Tax Planning go to session one and one of the items in there is tax reference material.

Usual layout..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Madeline M

Does anyone know where and when the Cork FAE mock review is on? Also, does it involve just going through the mock papers?? I'm repeating the FAE core so dont have access to the lecture timetables as I didn't pay the €450 for the revision course - so if there's any final revision lectures coming up could someone tell me where and when there on. Thanks :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Just did the Datatech case but there is no solution up for me to download.... Anybody got that one??

Beginning to work though these cases one by one and hit one in the sample paper...sutherland ltd.... HADN'T a bloody notion what was going on in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 MunchieMonster

:)
    Perkina3 wrote: »
    Just did the Datatech case but there is no solution up for me to download.... Anybody got that one??

Beginning to work though these cases one by one and hit one in the sample paper...sutherland ltd.... HADN'T a bloody notion what was going on in it

Data tech solution :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 fifa87

anyone for the galway request! No help at all on any topics at all ..............:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randomobserver

Hi,

Has anyone advice on how they are studying for Advanced Auditing and Assurance?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dell2009

Mock Solutions 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 41 perfect_circle

Does anyone have the solution for the Ply4Hire case? Not sure why I don't have that one..

In relation to the Audit elective, does anyone know where the 'Audit Regulations and Guidance 2007' can be found? Also wondering if anyone has the solutions for the Fundie and Moon Designs cases; they're not posted.

Thanks a mill :) Must say this thread is very helpful!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Fundie & Moon Design are these new cases?

I'm missing Second String case if anyone can upload this, I just have the solution.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

Dell2009 wrote: »
    Mock Solutions 2011

Can you put up the Sims Solutions aswell if ya have them. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MW2011

Wondering what people's thoughts are on the solutions provide for the core comprehensive?

So of the things seem odd to me. No mention of the fact that the shares to Catherine weren't accounted for in the draft financials? This was obviously just a typical error by the idiot who wrote the exam

The fact that they made no mention of the ethics issue concerning the audit committee in the answer??

The answer talks of a multiple of 6 being suitable for valuing the shares based on the purchase by DCC of some oil company!!! If 100,000 people were sitting the exam I would be shocked if anyone thought of mention that

Also with regard to the strategic plan at the end of that indicator it lists all things that should be in the strategic plan. Is it people's interpretation that this was part of the answer, as in you should have said a strategic plan would include all these or were they expecting us to put all of these into a strategic plan??

Thanks for anyones feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MunchieMonster

ahtfulal wrote: »
    Can you put up the Sims Solutions aswell if ya have them. Cheers

Sims Solution 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Perkina3

Yeah I haven't looked at the solutions yet but oh well....Dunno if anyone else is in group 3 but sure half the solutions in the resource pack aren't up so if you see me asking constantly for solutions I say sorry in advance!

Cheers for putting up the datatech one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭SL10

Hey guys,

Does anyone have the solution for the AAE case Chemical Sisters and Kerrigans Medical Devices Limited?

Thanks

Also wondering if anyone has the solutions for the Fundie and Moon Designs cases; they're not posted.

In the cases I have the solutions are at the end of the case- attached them here in case they are different to yours

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stey_9

Could somebody please confirm the correct Bulletin to use for audit reports in the Republic of Ireland? Is it the 2006/1 bulletin or is there a newer one we should use?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 perfect_circle

Thanks a mill SL10! :)

MW2011 wrote: »
    Wondering what people's thoughts are on the solutions provide for the core comprehensive?

So of the things seem odd to me. No mention of the fact that the shares to Catherine weren't accounted for in the draft financials? This was obviously just a typical error by the idiot who wrote the exam

The fact that they made no mention of the ethics issue concerning the audit committee in the answer??

The answer talks of a multiple of 6 being suitable for valuing the shares based on the purchase by DCC of some oil company!!! If 100,000 people were sitting the exam I would be shocked if anyone thought of mention that

Also with regard to the strategic plan at the end of that indicator it lists all things that should be in the strategic plan. Is it people's interpretation that this was part of the answer, as in you should have said a strategic plan would include all these or were they expecting us to put all of these into a strategic plan??

I just had a look at the solutions for the core comprehensive there and watched the feedback lecture. I'm actually really taken aback by the solution. I thought I did ok on the day (thought I located the indicators and gave a good shot at the answers but I did nothing like the solution)

I answered a good 9/10 indicators on the day but looks like i completely missed out on 2 in the solution and just made up my own indicators! (the listing one which I noticed but didn't think it was an indicator and then the balanced scorecard one which I took from a HR point of view of her firing all the staff!)

I didnt really think the fact that catherines shares werent accounted for mattered that much- I think I might have mentioned it in passing but as the stats were only draft I assumed that they just needed to post a journal for it. I think i might have included that in the accounting entries required.

I didnt mention any ethics issue surrounding the audit comittee- what is the ethics issue there? I didnt think there was an issue because it is a private company so there is no need for an ethics committee

With regards the strategic plan- my interpretation was that it was part of the answer and we should just be listing what was in the plan.

All in all I'm suitably freaked out after going through that solution! I kinda feel like a lot of the indicators needed you to assume that they were asking for something (as in there was no mention of a strategic plan being required but yet without it you cant even get reaching competence) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

If memory serves me, I think the ethics issue is that good corporate governance practices say that you should have an audit committee that's made up entirely on independent non-executive directors. It also states that the head of the Board (i.e. Chairman) should not be the CEO.

I can't remember exactly if it was like that in that case though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lucky01

MW2011 wrote: »

With regard to Catherines shares, it said in the case that it was the current date (july 2011) and catherine only bought the shares four months ago which would mean that the shares were not purchases until the financial year December 2011 and is right for them not be in the december 2010 balance sheet!

Do not have a clue how they got the multiple 6 would never have known that! that was a problem area for me in the exam as i couldnt figure out how to value her shares!

As for the strategic plan...I did not mention the plan and I didnt put it into the indicator. To me this is putting something in your answer which they havent asked for and would not know how to pick up on areas like this!!

After reading the solutions they have used that multiple of 6 twice so I'm thinking going forward that is what I am going to use if it comes up again for a private company- might actually end up being a helping hand for the real thing. That could be why they threw it into the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 34 flapps

Thanks all for posting up those case studies.

I seem to end up with either the Question or the solution, rarely both.

Additional solutions to cases in MABF, Marketing Solutions, Change Management Solutions files were recently posted to the student website online. And 'Resource Pack - additional solutions 2010 2011.zip' was posted up on 20 May..

This might be a stupid question but

Where do i find the questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Vaioer

lucky01 wrote: »
    Do not have a clue how they got the multiple 6 would never have known that! that was a problem area for me in the exam as i couldnt figure out how to value her shares!

I have CAP 2 notes that say to use a multiple of between 4.5-9 dependent on the type of company and industry. I used 5, as that was the closest company I had, and then threw in a line about using 5 as a conservative estimate due to the lack of M&A and floatation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Nom-IzZ

any one have the audit elective mock solutions

Nom-IzZ wrote: »
    any one have the audit elective mock solutions

Here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Clanno

anyone have the tax elective mock solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

All the solutions are up on the student services website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Clanno

Hackysack wrote: »
    All the solutions are up on the student services website.

All the solutions apart from the Tax elective (ROI) i wonder why that is...?? does anyone have a copy of the solution or know if the solution has been issued yet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement