Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heanet SMTP Settings

• 29-03-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi All,

Quick question, does anyone know the SMTP settings when using the Heanet connection? Its for a teacher in a primary school, she uses an eircom email address, I've looked but can't find the correct details anywhere.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Heanet are not an isp, so if I remember correctly you use the settings of the Isp used in the school, for dsl its usually digiweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

i've called Heanet HelpDesk,given school roll number and they gave it to me over the phone...is something with xxx.scoilnet.ie !

actually,if you do a traceroute,you'll see that ALL goes thorugh edu.ie Heanet network AND then goes out on whatever ISP...

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

thanks guys.

in the end I used the setting for my own mail server has she uses the laptop on a couple of different connections, so using my own server makes life less complicated for her!

thanks again

Advertisement