Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new Channels FilmGB, SofaStars, and SofaScreen.

• 29-03-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

any word on when these channels are going to launch. Can't wait for it, looks promising :)

http://www.electric-sofa.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

sky23 wrote: »
    any word on when these channels are going to launch. Can't wait for it, looks promising :)

http://www.electric-sofa.com/

Pie in the the sky me thinks .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

To be honest i can't see these launching for awhile yet if at all. The guy behind these channels was also behind the Film 24 tv channel on Sky which went bust. I don't think Electric Sofa have even applied to Ofcom for a licence. Also i think they are still trying to get financial backing. I do hope they make launch as they would be a good addition to Sky or Freesat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

To be honest i can't see these launching for awhile yet if at all. The guy behind these channels was also behind the Film 24 tv channel on Sky which went bust. I don't think Electric Sofa have even applied to Ofcom for a licence. Also i think they are still trying to get financial backing. I do hope they make launch as they would be a good addition to Sky or Freesat.

Really, they claim they are going to launch "early 2011" whenever that means, so i had presumed they already had the Ofcom licence

sky23 wrote: »
    Really, they claim they are going to launch "early 2011" whenever that means, so i had presumed they already had the Ofcom licence
    If you look at their website carefully you will see the launch date has changed from early 2011 to 2011 which to me means the launch date has been put back again and it's been saying no launch date has been confirmed yet so we can't say what platforms we will be on for the past couple of months. Launching three channels all at once is a big project so hopefully they will get they backing they need to get them up and running soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

If you look at their website carefully you will see the launch date has changed from early 2011 to 2011

o didn't notice that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I think they have the same problem as Real Digital/Rapture TV. Money.

They have started to add movies to their website so members can watch for free. As far as i know they have bought in around three months worth of material so far but is obviously not enough to launch three channels.

Advertisement