Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best road for test drive?

• 29-03-2011 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good road to test drive a car on. A smooth, wide, twisty road. Probably not many in the city but anywhere close by? I know there is a lovely stretch of road after foynes which runs along the shannon but thats a bit far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

from myross down towards sixmilebridge,the windy gap route.my mates in town swares by that route.says it will test dive any cars shocks etc etc .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

out past georgian villas, along the old cork road, smooth enough at spots and windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Road from Barry's Cross to Clonlara, go over Clonlara Bridge, take next turn right and follow the road. It will bring you back out at Eamon Griffin's service station/Parteen Cross, so in effect you are driving a circle of about 5 miles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Thanks for suggestions lads, will be giving them a go. There is a nice road out past kilaloe if i remember right, its a bit bumpy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    There is a nice road out past kilaloe if i remember right, its a bit bumpy though.
    If you go over to the Ballina side of the lake and head away from Limerick, up towards Garrykennedy and Dromineer that road I think is a lovely drive. Plenty of turns, few straights, steep inclines!! A great road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

alan1990 wrote: »
    If you go over to the Ballina side of the lake and head away from Limerick, up towards Garrykennedy and Dromineer that road I think is a lovely drive. Plenty of turns, few straights, steep inclines!! A great road!

Ya i think thats the one i'm thinking of. There's a touristy lookout view spot on the left where you can pull in and park. Haven't been out that road in years but i remember having serious fun in my old banged up, 1litre, 1990 starlet on that road.

Advertisement