Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Learner Legal Cruiser

• 29-03-2011 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi

Im Thinking of getting a learner legal cruiser,was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of the ones to look at and ones to avoid..

Im 27 and have never even owned as much as a moped is it ever too late to start?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Most Harleys are Learner Legal.

www.harley.ie and the www.waterfordharleydavidson.com

Both has a good selection of 2nd hands in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 PiNgWiZaRd

Yeah had a look,little out of my price range..thinking max €2500 for my first bike..id hate to destroy a harley!!

Cheers

You can come across a few on done deal.

In that case, A Honda Shadow or Steed. There are those cheap harley look a likes, jap imports I think. Not sure of the name, meant to be good. I'm sure someone else knows the name. Also Suzuki Maruader.

Ill have a look cheers mate

Hyosung, that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

PiNgWiZaRd wrote: »
    ..id hate to destroy a harley!!

Don't worry, they destroy themselves. :rolleyes:

Try a Yamaha Dragstar 650.

Was thinking something like this would be a good first bike? http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/1972735

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I started on one of them. Grand bike. Have a look at the virago, intruder, shadow etc. 250 might suit you better as the 125 has bugger all power and on the 250 you can do the test

Good point..... http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2009126

The 250 Dragstar looks right up my street..likewise the shadow and intruder 250s... decisions decisions.Are the good all weather bikes do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

PiNgWiZaRd wrote: »
    Good point..... http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/2009126

The 250 Dragstar looks right up my street..likewise the shadow and intruder 250s... decisions decisions.Are the good all weather bikes do you know?

Dragstars are bullet proof, started on a 2002 dragstar 250 myself. Always started first time even after long periods sitting out the back in sub zero temperatures over winter. you might feel you've outgrown it after a while though and feel like something more powerful. maybe go for a 650 dragstar. They have a very low seating position even for a cruiser and the turning circle is quiet big on them but they generally dont give any trouble at all and the seating position makes them very comfortable to ride. A great bike to start out on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

P.C. wrote: »
    +1 to that. Had a 650 classic as my second bike. Loved the hell out of it.

P.C. wrote: »
    Don't worry, they destroy themselves. :rolleyes:

Unthank... :)
    rymus wrote: »
    +1 to that. Had a 650 classic as my second bike. Loved the hell out of it.

Great bike.

Advertisement