Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Camera To Use?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice?

I want to buy a "semi-decent" camera for shooting movies. Basically, I'd love an affordable camcorder that can handle varying depth of field and that kind of "soft" look that makes the difference between a professional and amateur-looking movie.

Am I making sense or babbling?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gpdv

A lot of people go for 550D. It is around 700 euro now. There is nothing better than that for 700 euro. You get real depth of field, sharpness/saturation/contrast adjustment for soft look, it is fully manual - shutter speed, aperture etc. You can buy new lenses for it and lots of other stuff.

550D is camcorder killer. There are no camcorders for 700 (unless maybe some old second hand from ebay) with DOF or full manual settings.

I wouldn't buy Nikon because of 'jello' effect or Panasonic because of its low bitrate, AVCHD format. 550D has fewer disadvantages which are nothing to worry about.

Advertisement