Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surfing

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

hey, my friend and i (we are 2 girls in our mid 30s ) and we took up surfing last summer in tramore, great fun! took a few lessons and we are useless but its great fun........so just thinking could we get a group from kilkenny going like a club going? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

probably could can think of 2 or 3 others who would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Great idea.

I go about once a month over the summer and although I suck very badly (I can just about stand up and turn left and right), I enjoy it. When the waves are very powerful i bring a bodyboard instead... less pain.:D

I was thinking about joining the Laois club, but I didn't in the end. What's the point in going up there? They seem like a nice bunch though - nice website.

I have ZERO free time though these days so I can't offer anything other than my willingness to join up the club and go with a group if there's one going. If you want committee members etc I can't help ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

I have done it a few times up in Sligo and Donegal. Still brutal. Great craic. I would be up for doing it as a group down in Tramore.

I remember a few years ago on Nationwide they interviewed the Port Laois surf club.

http://www.laoissurfclub.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

+1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

all sounds good......so anyone got any suggestions as to how we might start this up? just checked out laois surf club........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shorebreaksurf

hey guys,
    look up paudie kenny of the kerry surf club, now kinda disbanded but...he know;s the ins and outs of setting up a surf club...
    his details are found through www.isasurf.ie

or tods down at www.shorebreaksurfboards.com can help ye out with club formation

shorebreaksurf

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

thanks shorebreaksurf for the info:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Nervous Nellie

Hi Countryliving,

Have only just seen this post now and would love to give it a go.

Have PM'd you.... :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

I'd Have an intrest too, keep us posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭toitle

Hello people,did anything come of this in the end?
    I would be interested in taking part (I'm only a beginner though):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement