Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few dragunov questions!

• 29-03-2011 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I have a few questions about the ASG dragunov..
    1. Is this really just a rebrand of the A&K dragunov?
    2. Would a Madbull 650mm tbb be as good as a Prometheus tbb of the same length?
    3. Can you fit a silencer to this type of gun?
    Thanks in advance :)
    Ronan
    (Also, sorry if some of these questions seem stupid, just want to know a little more before i buy it) :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

As far as I know it is a rebrand and slightly improved over the older version
    I stuck in a psg-1 barrel into it made it slightly more accurate, there is no thread on the muzzle for a silencer as the front sight and flash hider is a one piece affair. If you want a one stop shop for SVD upgrades check out airsoftpro.cz
    They have steel trigger sears, custom pistons, barrels springs etc and they are reasonable
    On a last note I only have mine a month and even though I have yet to skirmish it I love it for the money it's a great rifle, hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I have a few questions about the ASG dragunov..
    1. Is this really just a rebrand of the A&K dragunov?

Yes, the asg is the v2 so you get all the improvements, every little helps
    2. Can you actually find tbb's for it? A tanio Koba even???

its takes standard aeg barrels so yes you can fit a tanio koba barrel, your looking for a psg1+ length so you might be out of luck with the twist barrels
    3. Can you fit a silencer to this type of gun?
    Thanks in advance :)
    Ronan
    (Also, sorry if some of these questions seem stupid, just want to know a little more before i buy it) :)

nope, the outer-barrel is not threaded

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Thanks very much ! I have heard that the trigger sears may need replacing, is this only for higher powered springs?

Thanks very much ! I have heard that the trigger sears may need replacing, is this only for higher powered springs?
    More or less, but at least you know where to get one should you need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

Ah, i knew there was a question i had forgotten! Is it true you can only use the dragunov POSP type scopes? Or is there a way of mounting other scopes? Can you use an AK scope mount? :)

• Advertisement

Ah, i knew there was a question i had forgotten! Is it true you can only use the dragunov POSP type scopes? Or is there a way of mounting other scopes? Can you use an AK scope mount? :)

Don't quote me on this but as far as I have seen you can you use an AK mount but it has to be modified as it does not align properly, but tbh you can only stick on a posp as any other scope would look terrible and you would never be happy with the overall look!
    Found what must be the cheapest psop scope on eBay it's a Chinese copy but at £59.99 and £18 p+p it's hard to beat!!
    Gonna get one soon and I will post pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I've found the stock internals to be very strong with the sear easily standing up to a 500fps spring for 3 trips know without any signs of wear and tear, i brought the replacement sear but have had no need to replace it

I would not recommend the replica posp, i have found it to be of poor quality in construction and finish with poor eye relief and picture, personally i always recommend people to save up and purchase a genuine posp, you will not be disappointed.

The svd does require a side mount to add optics but as some else mentioned you can add a ak side mount with a 20mm top rail so you can mount standard western optics, the down side to this is the scope will sit very high as the receiver height on the svd is smaller than that on the ak

Advertisement