Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West End tickets

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I'm wondering whether I can take the chance of turning up to a theatre for a matinee performance on a Saturday in June (we're thinking Les Mis or Legally Blonde) without tickets, or whether we would have to book in advance? Any advice please?
    Thanks,
    Ciara

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 prosarch

Hi Ciara,

I was over in the West End in Oct last and turned up an hour before the Legally Blonde performance and got two tickets for it. It was a really fun show and Aoife Mulholland was still in it then. Thing is June is tourist season so it may be busier. I usually prebook one show at least and then if I want take a chance on seeing another, but not disappointed if I don't. Anyway hope this helps,

Cheers

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

More likely to get Les Mis as it's been running forever, than Legally Blonde which is still selling out almost every show, and it's just won a whole host of awards so is one of the hottest tickets in town.

I would be inclined to pre-book, or at least get tickets earlier in the day. You might pick up Les Mis at TKTS but unlikely you'll get LB I would say. Don't use the other "discount ticket" booths as a lot of them have non genuine or duplicate tickets.

They are both great shows, very different. At times like this I would say Legally Blonde as it's an absolute tonic, you can't help but come out in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

athtrasna wrote: »
    More likely to get Les Mis as it's been running forever, than Legally Blonde which is still selling out almost every show.

I would be inclined to pre-book, or at least get tickets earlier in the day. You might pick up Les Mis at TKTS but unlikely you'll get LB I would say. Don't use the other "discount ticket" booths as a lot of them have non genuine or duplicate tickets.

Nearly every tube station around Tottenham Court Rd and Leicester Square have ticket booths in them "discount ticket" booths actually. I've bought the majority of my tickets there and never once been refused on the grounds of it being a false or duplicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Got some in one at Leicester Square, got to the Theatre and there were people already in the seats. Those people had got their tickets from the theatre so they got to keep them. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CiaraG75

Thanks for replying folks, I think I'll go ahead and book something as it's for our wedding anniversary weekend and I don't really want to take any chances :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement