Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rash on tummy

• 29-03-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

The doggy has a rash on his tummy again from swimming in the river/cut grass in the park. It was bad last year - itchy skin, scabs and bald spots on his legs, groin and tummy but pirotin sorted it out after a week or so. I've been keeping an eye out for it since we started walking in the park again and he's got a tiny patch of it say the size of a euro coin with a few blisters :( It's not red or itchy and doesn't seem to be bothering him at all so I've been giving him pirotin for the last few days to see if it clears up and making sure it's not spreading.
    I'm just wondering if I should get some anti-bacterial shampoo and wash him or put anything on his skin - or am I better to just leave it incase he licks it and then makes that rash worse?

Obviously if there's no improvement in the next couple of days or it gets worse he'll be straight around to the vets!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

My JRT used to get this and it drove her up the walls:( , thankfully she only had 1 episode last summer so fingers crossed for she's grown out of it.

Have you tried to put aloe vera or honey on the spot which is sore? they both have brilliant healing qualities and if you can prevent him from licking it off they can help.

If it is an allergy (which it sounds like) I have heard that eating small amounts of locally produced honey can help the immune system not over react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

The eldest dog hs suffered from an allergy in Spring/Summer for the las couple of years and I find putting manuka honey on the rash really helps

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭scarlet_mandy

Our pup had a contact allergy, so not sure if it's the same principle, but our vet told us to put sudocreme on it, and it cleared up quite quickly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thanks! I'll try the honey first as he liable to lick it off lol! In the meantime I'll teach him to lie on his back in case we need to go to the vets ;) He already lies on his side with his paw out when he's playing dead but it'd be easier if he was on his back! :pac:

Advertisement