Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never let your dad near your facebook...

• 29-03-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Story,

So basically he wanted to edit his band page, and to do that he had to log into my profile to get to that page. But he thought that my profile, was his. So he went into account settings and changed my username and name/password etc.

Ive managed to change back my name and password, but I cant change my username back. Not much of a problem really about the profile username, its just that I think it is conflicting with the band page username, as its the same name and maybe the same url. My profile is pretty much intermittent at the moment, most of the time just coming up with "This url has expired".

Do you know if facebook can do anything or are they really that hard to get in contact with? Effort of setting up a whole new profile. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You can remove the vanity URL as far as I know.

Lesson learned - tell him to set up his own profile and run his own band page.

Why did he change all your stuff when he knew could only access the band page through your profile?!? :confused:

Pretty cool though having your Dad in a band!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

How do ya do that?

Ah he's not really familiar with facebook haha.

Yeah its pretty cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

You may be able to go here and quickly change your username

http://www.facebook.com/username/

The rules may have changed here. They did allow you a change of mind before it gets set in stone. Make sure you are sure of what you are changing - your profile and page names are set here.

Advertisement