Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear muffs

Options
  • 29-03-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

hey all. didnt really know where to put this but anyway. i want to get a pair of husqvarna ear muffs with the built in FM radio and was just wondering does anybody here have them? what are they like - any good? if this isnt the right forum maybe a mod could move it thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

sonic85 wrote: »
    hey all. didnt really know where to put this but anyway. i want to get a pair of husqvarna ear muffs with the built in FM radio and was just wondering does anybody here have them? what are they like - any good? if this isnt the right forum maybe a mod could move it thanks a lot

Are you serious, Husqvarna ear muffs ( ie protectors?) with radio, that's surely a potential safety hazard? Imagine operating a mower or strimmer or chainsaw whilst listening to the radio!:eek:

I'm really surprised if it is true that such a product would be legal, surely a serious safety risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭sonic85

ha ha! yeah it might be risky but i wont be using a mower or chainsaw or strimmer while wearing them so ill be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Are you serious, Husqvarna ear muffs ( ie protectors?) with radio, that's surely a potential safety hazard? Imagine operating a mower or strimmer or chainsaw whilst listening to the radio!:eek:

I'm really surprised if it is true that such a product would be legal, surely a serious safety risk?

Jonsered also sell them. I wouldn't have an issue with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Cadbury's gave them to the operators on the line years ago which I thought would have been a H&S issue.

Mind you most of the operators are women who as we know can listen to Joe duffy, pick/pack chocolate and have a conversation at the same time. :P

Whereas men would hurt themselves (usually their brain) doing more than two things at a time :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement