Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google help

• 29-03-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi, hope someone can help me out. I can't get google to load; I can get into any website (incl. here & Facebook) but when I try to google it won't load. I was onto my service provider today & they can't see any problem. It was working fine before; I'm not very technical so I haven't changed any settings that I know of. I have tried it on firefox & internet explorer. Hope this makes sense to someone, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Goodne wrote: »
    Hi, hope someone can help me out. I can't get google to load; I can get into any website (incl. here & Facebook) but when I try to google it won't load. I was onto my service provider today & they can't see any problem. It was working fine before; I'm not very technical so I haven't changed any settings that I know of. I have tried it on firefox & internet explorer. Hope this makes sense to someone, thanks.
    You'e sure you're connected to the internet?
    Try clearing your browser cache: Press
    Ctrl shift delete

You might have one of the numerous Google redirect malware infections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Yes its connected. Not sure what you mean about clearing the browser cache. When I was on the phone to upc they changed the ssid? (not sure know I have a new id & password now)

Karsini wrote: »
    You might have one of the numerous Google redirect malware infections.
    - would it not redirect the page somewhere? at the moment it just stays trying to load forever.

download malwarebytes free version:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/
    Install it, Update it and run it. See if it finds anything.

• Advertisement

- would it not redirect the page somewhere? at the moment it just stays trying to load forever.

In theory it should, but what often happens is that the redirected site goes down or is taken down, therefore the redirect goes nowhere.

ok running malwarebytes at the moment; thanks all for the help so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭brianthomas

ok running malwarebytes at the moment; thanks all for the help so far

Let us know how the malware goes. May need that myself! Does that remove virus too or just find them?

Clondalkin in Dublin

Let us know how the malware goes. May need that myself! Does that remove virus too or just find them?

It's mainly for malware and spyware. For virus removal I'd generally use
    http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool

Advertisement