Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mid-range phone for email?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

On o2 prepay?

I am looking for a phone that does email well - so I don't think I could manage a touch screen! Obviously blackberrys are top, but you can't get one on o2 prepay :(

Was looking at the Nokia E5 - any other recommendations?

I have a 6700 slide at the moment and find the screen too small for email and a qwerty keyboard would be easier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its probably the best from what you have said. The E72 is an option, but its a good few extra euro and probably not needed in this case. I personally prefer the build quality of the E72.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

The thought of e-mail and o2 PAYG send shiver down most of our spines! Even Vodafone offer better value! You would be better off on virtually any other network, even with the new o2 PAYG data bundles.

3 is great value, for example. Free any network texts, free any network weekend calls, free skype, msn for €20/month. Use €5/month of that for 500 MB data. Meteor offer similar value. No PAYG BalckBerry option there though.

Meteor are about to launch BB on PAYG, so if you can hold tough for another few weeks, I would, especailly if you fancy a PINK 8520 Curve - its exclusive to Meteor! ;) I think it will be €10/month for BB Services.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bd250110 wrote: »
    The thought of e-mail and o2 PAYG send shiver down most of our spines! Even Vodafone offer better value! You would be better off on virtually any other network, even with the new o2 PAYG data bundles.

How do you know the OP wont be using wifi the whole time?
    Or that has a billpay plan with data or rolling contract with addon so just wants a handset that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks guys!
    I would consider changing network but I have a load of o2 credit and don't want to lose it by switching!

Also using wifi is an option for me and I can live with the ten euro a month add-on.

yes I would like the E72 Davy but don't think I can justify the extra cost :(

Advertisement