Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Gym in Limerick?

• 29-03-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to join a gym straight away and was wondering which is the cheapest gym before I go along and blow a lot of money.

I'd probably go for the pay monthly option and was looking at joining JJB. Anybody know how much you have to pay upfront when you go in to sign up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I don't know the answer but after reading the national papers I would advise that you ONLY go month by month. Lots of gyms are closing down and you will never get any money back.

I used JJB a few times. Thought it was full of shapers but the fitness folk / trainers were very helpful.

Grove Island and UL are quite good as well and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

ul have offer on, €125 for 3 months, pool, gym and classes before 5. its a very good offer given the facilities and the fact that its the gym that's least likely to close down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

foinse wrote: »
    ul have offer on, €125 for 3 months, pool, gym and classes before 5. its a very good offer given the facilities and the fact that its the gym that's least likely to close down

I would agree with this...if you want to pay yearly in limerick its prob the most secure gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

You can pay €6 per session in Olympic Gold John St just across from Donkey Fords :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

mk gym on dock road does monthly memberships for 25 E:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I joined my husband up to JJB for 100 eur for 3 months and he said it is so busy its unreal. the jacuzzi is closed longside the pool which he loves. He had to queue for a shower one night and he said there are some machines that he cant get on in the gym because its so packed. He tried to go swimming the other night and there were so many in the pool he had to get out. My friend also joined and she said place is packed. offer on now 50eur for 50 days. I was going to join but changed my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

Myself and my friend both want to join a gym and are looking for something cheap too, the thing with cheaper or more popular gyms is that often at peak times you are left waiting around for machines and so on which is very annoying and off putting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Id echo what the drifter said, for security alone - if you pay in UL for a membership, you will be garunteed the place will stay there for the duration!

Unfortunatly, can't say that for all such gyms in the city at present in the current climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭d1980

Elbi wrote: »
    Myself and my friend both want to join a gym and are looking for something cheap too, the thing with cheaper or more popular gyms is that often at peak times you are left waiting around for machines and so on which is very annoying and off putting.
    Maldron Hotel in Roxboro have an offer at the minute, a yearly membership for 2 people for 500 euros. I am a member and it has pretty much everything. Never too busy either.

Advertisement