Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged for postage

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Today my mam posted something for me, the weight of the item (according to the receipt) is 0.632kg, which is under 1kg and according to this page on Anpost.ie http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Registered+Post.htm should have cost €9.50, but the girl charged €11.85.

It was a magazine that was posted to the UK, it was sent by registered post.

My question is; as the item is posted and it's is only this evening (after mam got in from work) that we realise she was over charged, can the post office/an post refund the amount she was over charged?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The rates you quote are for postage within Ireland, these are the international rates including Britain. Your mother does not appear to have been overcharged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The rates you quote are for postage within Ireland, these are the international rates including Britain. Your mother does not appear to have been overcharged.
    Thank you very much, I appreciate you help.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have been having a nightmare with the GPO where I live. I posted 3 parcels, all less than 600mm in total all 300g or 400g.

The lady tried to charge me €6 every time. It should have been €3.85. The first time I went ahead with it.

The second time, I took the item back, said I needed to investigate as I was quoted less and the third time I wrote on parcel, 300g / small packet. She said they were not less than 600mm. I said I had a measuring tape with me ( I always do), so she said fine and charged me €3.85 each.

There is no reason for the person to overcharge as its not a private business. I think they are guessing the size 'by eye'.

Weight isn't the problem.

Advertisement