Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a good restaurant Rosslare area this weekend?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi folks going your direction for the weekend and the other half got a nice offer from the boss for a restaurant voucher and we were hoping Fusion would be finished their renovating by now but no joy :(,could be next week.

Lobster pot is a next and only 10 mins away but it can be a bit formal as we have a daughter of 12 and we all know how they love kids there!

Don't want to travel too far tbh but still want it feel like a good night out,The Silver Fox in Kilmore is on the list too but a bit out and Wexford is too far too :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Try Kellys La Marine Bistro..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Silver Fox is great, and child friendly. Food in The Coopers Inn in Killinick is good too, nice seafood etc., but its just in the pub, so very casual. In Rosslare itself, just Kellys I'm afraid. The Chinese in the village is very hit & miss, best avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Cheers guys,we have settled for the Lobster Pot just the 2 of us (which is great!)with the granny babysitting :),they are strict on the age limit of 13 after 5pm well for them to be still so prejudice :eek:.

Ate in Coopers there 4 weeks ago and had the chowder and Monkfish special,very nice and i would always recommend the place and have been a good few times over the years.

The Mailboat i have never been too disappointed with them and it is as casual as having your takeaway served up to you with a pint but always tasty and quick,good for the people looking for an all in one.

Come on Fusion,twice now you have missed our custom.

Withford hotel is on for it's carvery roast beef dinner on Mothers day too,haven't stopped talking about that place either :).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheers guys,we have settled for the Lobster Pot just the 2 of us (which is great!)with the granny babysitting smile.gif,they are strict on the age limit of 13 after 5pm well for them to be still so prejudice eek.gif.

Yes I agree and so do a lot of the locals, they DON'T like children down there !! Infact they are quite picky full stop.

There was a time when they wouldn't take bookings - is this still the way?

I tell you a great place for lunch - Crazy crab in Kilmore quay - nothing great decor wise but smashing reasonably priced food and clean. www.crazycrab.ie good review by Lucinda O'Sullivan in the Irish Independent a while back - search the ino website and you'll get it. Enjoy.

PS - where is Fusion ??

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes I agree and so do a lot of the locals, they DON'T like children down there !! Infact they are quite picky full stop.

There was a time when they wouldn't take bookings - is this still the way?

I tell you a great place for lunch - Crazy crab in Kilmore quay - nothing great decor wise but smashing reasonably priced food and clean. www.crazycrab.ie good review by Lucinda O'Sullivan in the Irish Independent a while back - search the ino website and you'll get it. Enjoy.

PS - where is Fusion ??

I tried a booking for 7.45pm and that was a no go,the owner said 6.30 or 8.30pm are the sittings.

I had a nice time anyway,both had chowder which was still to die for and then the half roast duck X2,both happy with the quality and service(which can be a bit overdone,too many servers!) no change out of E100 with a bottle of house wine and a pint and a half pre-dinner.

Thanks for the tip on Crazycrab i will try that out.

Fusion is on the right hand side as you are entering Rosslare harbour just before you turn in to Supervalu which is on the left then,opening again tomorrow night,they also do accommodation and have a much more relaxed atmosphere that the The Lobster Pot with more variety and offers on their menu and a award vetted French chef too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I tried a booking for 7.45pm and that was a no go,the owner said 6.30 or 8.30pm are the sittings.

No more than I'd expect to be honest, we stopped going there due to their take it or leave it attitude.
    I had a nice time anyway,both had chowder which was still to die for and then the half roast duck X2,both happy with the quality and service(which can be a bit overdone,too many servers!) no change out of E100 with a bottle of house wine and a pint and a half pre-dinner.

Pricey enough but sure at least you know before you go
    Thanks for the tip on Crazycrab i will try that out.

Meant to say, it is delicious food - I've often got the Fish of the day - last year it was 9.50 I've been once since they reopened this year it is now 13.50 !! What was excellent value at 9.50 is actually now prob a bit OTT at 13.50, the freshness is second to none mind.
    Fusion is on the right hand side as you are entering Rosslare harbour just before you turn in to Supervalu which is on the left then,opening again tomorrow night,they also do accommodation and have a much more relaxed atmosphere that the The Lobster Pot with more variety and offers on their menu and a award vetted French chef too.

Is this where Devereuxs hotel used to be? By the petrol station at the top of the hill at right?

Also, I meant to say I was late posting my recommendations to you as I see you posted a few weeks back, sure you'll have the info for the next time your down.

Here is the link to Lucinda O'Sullivan's review of the Crazy Crab - bear in mind it looks like prices have gone up since last Oct when this was written ;-(

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/food-drink/fish-in-the-key-2401481.html

Advertisement