Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Lotto vs Euromillions

• 30-03-2011 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

I'm going to start doing one of them each week for a year on a consistent basis and just wondering which do you think offers better value for money?

i'll be using my own numbers no quick picks i've worked out that if i do two lines of euromillions a week along with the plus it comes to around 6e a week but two lines of the irish lotto with the plus twice a week comes to 8e.

I'm no mathematician :o but if i did the irish lotto i'd have 12 chances of winning some money (two draws) a week than if i did euromillions (1 draw) i'd only have 4 chances to win but theirs something about euromillions the prizes seem fairer compared to the national lotto and you've more chance of winning actual money ;)

any thoughts guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Value is not something you associate with Lotteries. Btw there is a second Euromillions draw starting on the 10th May and it will be a weekly Tuesday draw, same as Lotto has 2 draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Depends on the jackpot but the irish lotto is generally better - you're nearly ten times more likely to win (odds of 1 in 8 million versus 1 in 76 million for euromillions), and euromillions costs 33% more - even if the euromillions jackpot is 12 times the irish one as it often is, it's probably not 12 times as good to win imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

76/8 = 9.5... Making the euro millions slightly better "value" if the jackpots are 12 times the Irish ones and the ticket price is less than 12/9.5 = 1.26 times the Irish one.

Edit: just saw post above that euromilliins cost 33% more so Irish is slightly better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

The plus draw is worse value than the main draw.

Advertisement