Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fraps

• 30-03-2011 2:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

So I got it in my head that I wanted to do a Portal LP for t3h lulz but the quality is ****e :/ I tried that thing with the developer console and recording the .dem file but that was only marginally better. Anyone know how I can get some good quality stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Try Microsoft Expression Encoder 4

The free version will record 10 mins segments, but you will be able to see how good the quality is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'll check that shiiiat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

If you want decant quality from fraps expact large file sizes, best to record without compression and save on a harddrive thats not your os or where fraps is installed for best performace. Either way you need a beefy enough machine if you wanna record in high settings. You can always encode the uncopressed footage after in the application you like best.

Record in Full size setting in fraps.

Edit : Just loaded up fraps 3.2.3 with video capture settings to Full-size and set it to 35fps. I done a quick test on crysis 2 and it looked fine with the game on max settings.
    2+gb for a minutes clips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Fraps gave me pretty decent quality tbh... pretty much uncompressed, i could only record in 30fps tho cos my laptop couldn't handle anything else.

For the best quality possible you can always record your .dem's and then use the /startmovie command(I think thats what you type anyway, havent tried in a long time) and it'll record completely max quality images. Then use virtualdub or whatever to string them into a movie. Thats pretty much how they get those amazing quality frag movies and ****.

http://www.pgl.ro/forum/threads/46512-Tutorial-Moviemaking-For-Beginners

Thats for cs, but i think its the same for all valve games (The recording bit).

Advertisement