Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AAPS

• 30-03-2011 3:32am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have sent off a panel to the Australian Photographic Society yesterday. I am applying for an Associate. You can go straight in here at Associate level. I have the LIPF already, and the standard in Ireland is a lot higher than here from what I can see.

The panel is unthemed and it's only assessed as individual images, which is easier than getting it to all work together. I printed 16 Colour & 16 Mono to select my 20. I have reduced that to 10 of each and had them professionally matted. It looked good when I picked it up. I think my main problem here is that in Australia a lot of the judges stick very much by the rules. I am not going to adjust my photography that much that I will be obeying all the "rules" so that could go against me.

Anyway .... Fingers crossed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

wow, best of luck with it

I'm sure you'll do great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

You gonna give us a look at the panel (online anyway)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I know this isn't AH, but still ...

Pics or GTFO !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

063A2928911A482C81304752E149B293-0000318539-0002243107-00800L-3721AB844B494E40B6AAE8C765C4EB55.jpg

Larger version available on Pix.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the larger version. The largest I can find is 800x256.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find the larger version. The largest I can find is 800x256.

Likewise but a lot of the shots I recognise. I see the Ireland in the frying pan has become Australia :)

Best of luck with the panels Tony, I'm sure you'll sail through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sorry about that. I uploaded to Pix.ie at a larger size but forgot to disable the 800pixel limit. Should be OK now.

Yes ... The Irish Egg was lost over here. Everyone here thought it was just an odd shaped egg. So I had to do it again in a way that it would work here.

Not so sure I will get it as it is quite a high standard. Would have had no worries with the Licentiate here but I already have the LIPF so trying for the next step.

This panel is not displayed in an particular order. I have just put them up in two rows as thumbnails but in Sydney it will be more on the individual images. Have had them well printed and also a good job on the mounting (almost as good as Steve).

It will be about a month or so until I get the decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Jolly Plausibly presentable! Well done, & Best of luck..

-FoxT

Thanks. It would not be up to standard for presentation as an AIPF Panel. There is not the symmetry and balance required as an overall panel.

To submit the panel there is a $25 fee plus you need to pay for return postage (I put in $25 for that too) So pass or fail it will cost $50. Then there is a $30 fee for the badge, which they ask to charge to your credit card if you are successful.

I checked my Credit Card the other day and it had been charged $80, so I got all excited and thought I had passed. Anyway I called the person who is the coordinator and found out that the money must have been an error as they have not yet been assessed. Will have to wait a bit longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

best of luck with it..... not that you need luck ... but you know !!!

Advertisement