Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day off, what to do?!!

Options
  • 30-03-2011 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Ok so I didn't think my little chat would have gone down so well but my wonderful beau has send my two small people to his Mom's and I just woke up to the sweetest note, flowers and an invite to dinner at 7pm, I've the day to myself...I can't stop thinking I should do cleaning etc but have been told I'm not to...what would ye do?!! I've no friends off, I'm at a loss?!! So what would ye do on yer perfect day off? I'm going to watch Desperate Housewives online now and then eat the blueberry pancakes he made me. Girls, tis worth having the chat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Go out, bring a book and have a decadent coffee some place that you can read in peace and surreptitiously people watch. That was always my treat to myself. Especially watching other mothers struggling and frustrated while I could just sit and relax. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I am delighted it went so well savour the day and it will give you something to remember when you have a bad one! Why not get your hair and nails done or go for a beauty treatment, or go for a swim and sauna, I know if it was me I would do nothing except relax and read a good book. Whatever you decide enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

You know what I would do..... Nothing.... Well Id like to do nothing but then Id prob end up decorating a room or catching up on some work or something! I have been getting 3 hours to myself on weekdays every second week and all I do is clean up or turn the laptop on and do some work, honestly I havent taken me time at all and I think when you are a mammy it is hard to do that.

Why not see if you can get your hair and makeup done for this dinner date if you feel like you want to go out and do something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Definitely a bit of pampering/ self- pampering! It's always the last thing on my list of priorities, but feel so nice after! :o

It's so nice out as well- an hour or two sitting outside with a book or magazine, or just going for a walk to clear the cobwebs, to top up the vitamin D! :rolleyes:

Enjoy dinner later! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

get your hair done!
    I can never get mine done cause I can't bring the kids or go to the cinema.
    Watch tv,drink hot tea (mine always ends up going cold!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bit late now, but go out and get a manicure or a beauty treatment!! Spoil yourself silly!

Advertisement