Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds most powerful bike (and i've got it!!!)

Options
  • 30-03-2011 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

Insurances up soon and as you do,was looking through documerntation.Was looking at the registration cert when i noticed P.2 Engine Max Net Power(kw) is down as 5555555kw. Surely this couldnt be right:D:D:D
    On further inspection, Wheelbase is 55555
    GVW is 5555555
    Mass in service is 55555
    Basically,none of the correct info is on the cert. Can one of you guys show me what a correct cert should look like(obviously without giving away too much info)
    Also,who do i get onto to rectify this? ie Shannon or local tax office?
    Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My bike has the same kW output. Remember laughing when I saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

seanybiker wrote: »
    My bike has the same kW output. Remember laughing when I saw that.
    Whats with that:confused::confused::confused:
    Dammit,and i thought i had the only one!!!

I dunno what the story is. Looks funny though. Thinking bout it now it was my old factory restricted bandit that had it. No idea what's on the gsxr one. Must find the cert sometime and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Wossack

yea, the 5's have been pretty common on any log book I've seen

lazy c'nuts in the tax office

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Rang Dept of Transport in Shannon,told them of the inaccuracies on the cert.Said they go by what Revenue tells them. Girl on phone sasid to send a note with what they should be,along with the original cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have only owned two bikes and a scooter. Scooter was fine but both the bikes have had log books as you mentioned.

On the note you send just put down 5555556 and you be flying

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DeirdreOD

I wasn't allowed take my test today because of the 55555555 on P.2.
    I was told I need to get a certificate of kw from a garage and present at test, bike is a 500cc Royal Enfield,tester says it's 19kw and I can't test for A2 on it.
    Has anyone got any experience with such a situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

DeirdreOD wrote: »
    I wasn't allowed take my test today because of the 55555555 on P.2.
    I was told I need to get a certificate of kw from a garage and present at test, bike is a 500cc Royal Enfield,tester says it's 19kw and I can't test for A2 on it.
    Has anyone got any experience with such a situation?

Isn't there a minimum powered for A2 these days ??

[edit] well according to the RSA website your bike is A2 legal. ..

http://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Driving-Test-Vehicles---Motorcycles/

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

A2 is 20 to 35kw. He says the 500 is 19kw and not suitable for A2.... Or A1. I have to get a cert of proof it's over 20kw or test on another bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

pfffft :rolleyes:

My bike has eleventy million horsepower !!

Thanks Galwaytt for the link to the list.
    Mine is a '94 and is' unsuitable for test'.
    I will test on another bike when I get the hang of the gears on the other side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

giphy.gif

Advertisement