Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

mayordenis wrote: »
    GTA 4 was not boring at all, the only gripe I had was that bull**** about trying to have friends but I just didn't bother with that after about half way and it didn't make a difference, class game just replayed it from head to toe, and the Lost and the Damned and now playing Gay Tony, and they're all brilliant.

BOGT is just pure brilliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

DarkJager wrote: »
    They need a lead character in the style of The Boss from Saints Row 2 - just a complete dangerous badass. Niko Bellic was interesting but a bit too "emotional".

That was one thing that really wound me up - Niko was such an inconsistant character. He's the soft, gentle soul 'forced' into a life a crime and then he's a mass killing psychopath blowing up police and pedestrians for a laugh, before going back to whining about how he 'doesn't want to be doing this'. They tried to make him more human but ended up just making him bland and confused.

Tommy Vercetti and CJ were much more consistant characters with much less ambiguous motives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Claude = Quiet but cool.
    Tommy Vercetti = The King.
    CJ = Badass gangsta'.
    Niko Bellic = Bored the balls off me.
    Luis Fernando Lopez = He was okay.
    Johnny Klebitz = Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

coop, better mp is needed, thats for damn sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sisko wrote: »

Not every game needs to have MP.

GTA V needs to go back to its roots and be a fun and entertaining game unlike GTA IV which sucked donkey balls.

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »

Not really. I'd prefer GTA to concentrate on what it does best - its single player experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

I couldn't deal with Patrick's awful accent.

There does need to be some emotion in the character though. Like Tommy wassent as good as Carl being he had no incentive so you never got behind his fight as much as you did with CJ.

unreal accent. he wasnt meant to be irish, he was an irish new yorker.

bring us back to san andreas please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I doubt many people finished GTA 4. Definitely needed more humour. I never liked the way you control the player in a shootout in GTA, would be good if you could control the character like in a first person shooter.
    The camera angle for driving was always terrible, you can never see far enough ahead, so you needed to try and hold the left analogue stick in the right position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Is there anything to be said for GTA: London? I dont like the idea of going back to Vice City, San Andreas or wherever again. Time to move onto something that hasnt been seen before, well properly anyway.

The tone of the game would be very different of course. You'd imagine a GTA London would be even more serious than GTA4. A GTA game without the crazy, OTT satire of American society.

Someone on a podcast I was listening to mentioned the awesomeness of a GTA game where Liberty, Vice City and San Andreas appeared in one game. Unlockable as you progress as per usual but then reachable via the airport. That would be one monster game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

GTA IV was the first one I didn't finish, I got bored half way through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

GTA IV was a great game, but the fun just wasn't there. :( Hopefully GTA V will return to its roots. :D

The ending of GTAIV was really quite good with the "Deal/Revenge" scenario. It had a certain impact to it after the event that took place, just made you want to hunt them down and get your hands on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    GTA IV was the first one I didn't finish, I got bored half way through

Think it took me 3 goes to fully play through as the story and characters were just so boring and it ended up getting uninstalled. Still haven't beat it tho as I got the bug on the final mission where I couldn't climb into the chopper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭omg a kitty

So it will be like a San Andreas Stories?
    Excellent, its what everyone has wanted for years

Nobody knows yet. Apart from a casting call looking for someone to voice a character (which appeared in SA as a radio host which is why its thought to be pointing to the setting as SA) nothing else about the game has been confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I liked GTA 4 it was a good story and seeing how R* have gone since with Red Dead and LA i think we may see some more of that kind of gaming.

GTA SA is my favourite mainly for the size and varied gameplay. GTA4 need more of that variance but still a 9/10 game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DarkJager wrote: »
    Not really. I'd prefer GTA to concentrate on what it does best - its single player experience.

While i would normally be a big supporter of 'Not everygame needs multiplayer', the multiplayer in GTA4 was brilliant fun for a while, and i'd love to see it improved. Had some fantastic games with the boardsie's when it was released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Finished GTA IV and all the expansions. Never found it boring, perhaps a little repetitive in parts and lacking the humour of the previous games but I think the story was good the setting was excellent and the graphics were amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

It might be actually possibly a launch game for the NGP/PSP2

either way the game wont be released until this fiscal year is over (March 2012) because they already have 2 massive games coming out this year (Max Payne 3 and L.A Noire)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Take me back to the 80s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I played GTA IV twice... finished it: 0 times. Probably one of the most over hyped and boring games i've played this gen. Bring it back to Vice City or SA and i'll pay ridiculous amounts of money for it. Getting in a fight in a fighter jet with other fighter jets over the area51 place in SA was the pinnacle of my PS2 experience :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I played GTA IV twice... finished it: 0 times. Probably one of the most over hyped and boring games i've played this gen. Bring it back to Vice City or SA and i'll pay ridiculous amounts of money for it. Getting in a fight in a fighter jet with other fighter jets over the area51 place in SA was the pinnacle of my PS2 experience :pac:

But again, even if they went back to San Andreas, there is no guarantee that fighter jets, Area 51 or anything like that will be in the game. With GTAIV, they were limited by Liberty City as it's based on New York, so they could only really have one big city. But it's the content of the game most people didn't like. The crazy, off the wall elements like jetpacks etc was removed. It doesn't matter where the next game is set because it won't be the exact same city that we've seen before, even if it's set in the same era (80's for Vice City, 90's for San Andreas), the city will be completely different.

What they need to focus on is removing some (not all) of the realism and bringing back a lot of the fun.

Then again, with San Andreas they had GTA3 and Vice City to work from. GTAIV was a brand new engine and system to work from. So I can see why GTAIV lacked in certain departments. With the next game, they have a system and engine to work from, so I'm expecting some of the crazier elements to return, updated and hopefully improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

One thing I really hope we don't see a repeat of in V is the dull cutscenes they had in IV. Some people praised that game's "cinematic" feel...there was nothing cinematic about those damn cutscenes; they were like bad television.

They always seemed to consist of Nico having a conversation with someone that went on for too long, and they always started with some irrelevant crap (Nico walks in, guy is having argument on the phone, having argument with his girlfriend, or some similar bs that had nothing to do with the story).

And there was the complete lack of any subtlety in the portrayals of the characters. Someone is angry...he flails his arms around and shouts a lot. Two characters don't like each other...they have some sort of bad-tempered exchange. If they really wanted to get cinematic, they should learn from something like the opening scene of Reservoir Dogs: Mr. White says, apparently joking, "You kill me in a dream you better wake up and apologize." All the characters are smiling and laughing, but there is an undercurrent of menace to the whole thing...that's drama, not this shouty-shouty GTA crap.

Admittedly it's better than what we're used to in games, but if you try to ape film and TV, then prepare to get compared to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

R* have released 2 new screenshots. Would have preferred a 2nd trailer :cool:

Actually looking more forward to Sleeping Dogs next month.

newswire_1342100464.jpg

newswire_1342100433.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They'll do this a few times to build up to the trailer launch in (probably) November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't believe some people think GTA V will be out by October. Saying that, if it is out in October, I will gladly put my hands up, wave them in a crazy manner and run to the closest game shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

trailer will more than likely be at gamescon as its after the max payne event or the red dead one
    hopefull for this year but itll come when it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a launch title for next generation consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Wow, cant believe all the hate for GTA IV. Then again, San Andreas was my least favourite out of the last 3:p. Am I the only person on the planet who found it a chore?

My fondest memories are of Vice City. So dated now but it just oozed atmosphere at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a launch title for next generation consoles.
    It wouldn't be a launch game for any console, they make far greater profits by selling it for established consoles. It will be this generation.

Advertisement