Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I know that there is a lot of people here who didtnt like the realistice approach that Rockstar took towards GTA 4 compared to its predessor but i thought it was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Dont get me wrong now, i loved all the previous GTA titles (vice city being my favorite). I really hope GTA 5 would be more realistic than GTA 4. For me it makes the gaming experience more immersive, but then thats just me talking.

As far as the release date is concerned i dont think it will happen untill the second quarter of 2013. As someone else already pointed out in this thread, 2 big games were already released by Rockstar(Max Payne and LA noire). It wouldnt be an economically viable option to release GTA 5 this year. Also, in that rockstar interview ( where the 2 latest screenshots) where released, the rockstar officials did say that they dont intend to release anymore info (which includes trailers) any time soon.Personally, i believe that they will release a few more screen shots by August/september this year and follow it up with another trailer in November (Holiday season). The game will then come out it Q2 of 2013.

Thats my 50 cent

Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Wow, cant believe all the hate for GTA IV. Then again, San Andreas was my least favourite out of the last 3:p. Am I the only person on the planet who found it a chore?

My fondest memories are of Vice City. So dated now but it just oozed atmosphere at the time.

I found San Andreas nearly too big as there was way to do! Now don't get me wrong I love the fact they gave you the option to do so many random things but I felt it detracted from the main story and it ended up being the first GTA I didn't actually finish. I also didn't enjoy the sims approach of micro-management i.e. having to eat and drink etc but it did have improvement is other areas.

Vice City on the other hand is my favourite version thus far - pefect time setting, city and enjoyed the rise from lowly thug to owning the sweet mansion on millionares row :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,116 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think what VC had that most of the other GTA's didn't was that rise from nothing to millionaire. Getting that mansion towards the end, and looking at the bank balance really rounded out the best GTA there is. And i enjoyed GTA IV, but it left me wanting as at the end of it i was still a broke immigrant, with basically nothing to show for all the work i put in. I wasn't expecting to be a Vercetti millionaire at the end of it, but i was expecting a bit more. Maybe that was the intention, but it took away from it imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Actually wouldn't mind incorporating banking into it. They could seize the assets that you have on so cash and money as evidence. But they'd have to allow for money to do more than it does at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, reports on the web say we will get a GTA V release date tonight from some Rockstars investor call. The info should hit the net around 9.30pm tonight.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/07/31/could-we-get-a-gta-v-release-date-today/

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So, reports on the web say we will get a GTA V release date tonight from some Rockstars investor call. The info should hit the net around 9.30pm tonight.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/07/31/could-we-get-a-gta-v-release-date-today/

Rather then a release date as more then likely it will not be out for another year or so (I can just play Sleeping Dogs till it comes out ;)), I would like some more details on the game and am really hoping for big gameplay changes/improvements from IV to V.

Was playing LaD last night, just driving around on random kill spree and the one thing that really annoys me is the wanted level system in IV.
    I wish it was a more fleshed out version of the one used in Mafia 2. What I mean by this is if for example I commit an act of violence in IV there is a strong chance of getting a star even if it was in the middle of nowhere with no-one around (you do randomly get away with it now and again) and this leads me into the other problem: evading the law. How do the cops automatically know where I am at all time. Or that I switched cars twice (on any stars). Takes the fun out of evading the cops and is a reason I still play Mafia 2 every now and again.

Sorry for the rant but playing it again brought it back!

Fully agree about the Wanted system. The police scanner should give your description and car only if you are seen by police and then lose you if you change clothes or car without been seen. Also, it was crap having cops shoot at you for the littlest of things even when you didn't have a gun to fire back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Also, it was crap having cops shoot at you for the littlest of things even when you didn't have a gun to fire back.

Well, it IS America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Fully agree about the Wanted system. The police scanner should give your description and car only if you are seen by police and then lose you if you change clothes or car without been seen. Also, it was crap having cops shoot at you for the littlest of things even when you didn't have a gun to fire back.

and if you did have a gun, dying was always the better option over being arrested as you wouldn't lose it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

i hate how they always find ya no matter where your hiding :P..they just sense you :P..But yeah while it was a good idea the new wanted system , could be improved..Im sure they will learn from IV :D.We have faith

• Advertisement

and if you did have a gun, dying was always the better option over being arrested as you wouldn't lose it

Haha yeah the best way is go out firing... always hated if i was on a bike and cop comes from behind and bang your arrested.... bye bye all your weapons.

The circle as an escape radius was a good idea but poorly implemented imo. If they expanded on that while also providing other avenues of escape bar sprayshops i'd be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

The circle as an escape radius was a good idea but poorly implemented imo. If they expanded on that while also providing other avenues of escape bar sprayshops i'd be happy.

This, this, this. also, they didn't have nearly enough pay'n'sprays or gunshops as I'd have liked in GTA IV.

So GTA V release date was not mentioned. That suggests it will be released after March 2013. I was thinking around May 2013 but will just have to wait .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Sweeeeeeeeeet. Thats better looking than the low res models on GT5. Jeeesus Christ I cant wait for this!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

GTA-V-conveyances-jet.jpg
    :D

Fighter jets making a come back. Hopefully they'll be easier to control than the Hydra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

screenshot_288909_thumb_wide620.jpg

racing bike :D this just reeks of san andreas....cant f'ing wait

Jaysus that fella in the jet looks very familiar :)

older guy in a suit from the looks of it, vercetti?

I was thinking niko but then again im looking at it on my phone so not the best quality. I hope rockstar borrow the combat system from sleeping dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

How much is this gonna cost when it comes out?

the standard 50-60 quid mark id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

Sorry, its been quite a while since I've bought a new game :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cgal093 wrote: »
    How much is this gonna cost when it comes out?

The usual price I'd say .... your immortal soul, a kidney and your first born :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

calex71 wrote: »
    The usual price I'd say .... your immortal soul, a kidney and your first born :p

Its gonna cost me a few days out my holidays anyway:p

Cannot wait, the new screenshots have me wet..

WOW!
    228541_10151207876055097_2001477220_n.jpg

GTAV_screens-1.jpg

GTAV_screens-3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Or around €30 - €40 on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ScumLord wrote: »
    Or around €30 - €40 on PC.
    And 7 months later, if GTAIV is anything to go by.

IV was ~€40 on console in Tesco at launch.

Advertisement