Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is that Tommy Vercetti?

No I think they confirmed somewhere that no characters before GTA 4 will return, due to the amount of time lapsed as GTA 5 is set in the current day. That being said its doubtful any GTA 4 characters will return its just that its feasible that those characters could still be alive/not pensioners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

If the official site is crashing for anyone, Here you go...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looks like Rockstar seriously listened to those "not fun enough" complaints about GTA IV :D

The bit with the train, the jeep falling out of the airplane... Looking like this game is going to deliver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Looks like Rockstar seriously listened to those "not fun enough" complaints about GTA IV :D

The bit with the train, the jeep falling out of the airplane... Looking like this game is going to deliver!

the jeep/plane bit is proper GTA, I love it. and the highway chase with the sailboat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

All the characters look interesting, definitely play with that baldy rough looking mofo first :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,064 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

TheGunns wrote: »

No I think they confirmed somewhere that no characters before GTA 4 will return, due to the amount of time lapsed as GTA 5 is set in the current day. That being said its doubtful any GTA 4 characters will return its just that its feasible that those characters could still be alive/not pensioners.
    Would seem off for it not to be tommy. Character model appropriately aged, voice is right, was clearly a criminal previously, nice bit of property given the property aspects of vice city. Could understand a different name, but if it isn't him, why make them so similar, why create the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Would seem off for it not to be tommy. Character model appropriately aged, voice is right, was clearly a criminal previously, nice bit of property given the property aspects of vice city. Could understand a different name, but if it isn't him, why make them so similar, why create the issue.

Dont disagree with you its very strange, but I think they said it somewhere although I could be wrong.

Should be lots more information coming out about the game from now on. Looks like theyve taken on feedback/advice they got from GTA 4! Can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's not Tommy Vercetti.

Tommy did 15 years in prison (so presuming he went in when he was 18) means he was released when he was 33. That was in 1986. GTAV is set in the modern age, so taking it as being set in 2012 means Tommy would be 59. The guy in the trailer is mid 40's at best.

The producers have said no-one from the GTA3 era (GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas) exist in this era (bar occasional easter egg references). Some characters from GTAIV will show up in GTAV, but none from the games before that. Same way the Los Santos from San Andreas (GTA3 era) is completely different to the Los Santos from GTAV.

The only similarities between Michael and Tommy are a probable Italian heritage, past criminal with a bit of money (even though Tommy was essentially a drug kingpin with a mansion and several businesses, whereas Michael just seems to have a bit of money), and dark hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Jesus this looks awesome! Deffo gonna book a week off for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GTA IV bored the arse off me, but I have to admit this looks bloody great!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

can't wait for this,rockstar can take my money Now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr E wrote: »
    GTA IV bored the arse off me, but I have to admit this looks bloody great!

Yes, but did GTA IV not look great in the trailers too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

quarryman wrote: »
    Yes, but did GTA IV not look great in the trailers too?

Everything looks f*cking great in the trailers, thats the whole point!

I will be buying this but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I want to see real gameplay first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

rockstar are about the only dev that havnt left me down yet so this is an instant buy for me, every gta ive played since 1 has been great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

to own this game today id pay 2 grand ...... seriously !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only got to wait until November 2018 for the PC release :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Duggy747 wrote: »

This is making me die a little inside :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i dont know if i will even bother with console version. i got gta4 ps3 release and i was shocked how badly it looked. i did not even bothered with it after few hours of play.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like some very scripted missions being shown off, that was one of my bug bears with GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like some very scripted missions being shown off, that was one of my bug bears with GTA IV.

Yeah, it deffo had an Uncharted vibe to it. As long as its not full of them I dont mind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't mind a few scripted missions if they are important for the story but I'd like to see some missions embrace the open world like in GTA3. Most of the fun in that game was figuring out ridiculous ways of beating each mission. In later ones and especially in GTA4 you were locked into only 1 way of approaching each mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Think I'll wait until 2021 when it goes for €4.99 with all DLC on a Steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

The bit of brawling at the start looks interesting. I would love if they introducing the hand to hand combat of Sleeping Dogs into this game (with less of the Kung Fu I suppose!) A GTA game with a brawling system where you could use the environment would be great. If it had the animations of Batman: AC, :eek:

Oh and the rumored much improved driving mechanics too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Retr0gamer wrote: »

missions? there are missions in GTA?

Never noticed, too busy with the drive-whereever-the-**** simulator

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

I hope Carl Johnson makes a return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I hope Carl Johnson makes a return

He won't. Nobody from the GTA3 era exists in this era. There might be some sort of Easter Egg reference at a push, but other than that, the only characters who might appear are ones from GTAIV.

Penn wrote: »

He won't. Nobody from the GTA3 era exists in this era. There might be some sort of Easter Egg reference at a push, but other than that, the only characters who might appear are ones from GTAIV.

Why exactly is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Because Rockstar made that decision. I don't know the original source, but they mention it on the IGN dissection video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Why exactly is that?

The HD era and the Ps2 worlds do not co exist ....(according to Houser)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

The HD era and the Ps2 worlds do not co exist ....(according to Houser)

I hope Niko Bellic makes a return, that would make my life complete! I loved Niko. **** medical school!

Advertisement