Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I hope Niko Bellic makes a return, that would make my life complete! I loved Niko. **** medical school!

I'm sure they said Niko wont make an appearance but some minor characters from GTA4 will. Fingers crossed for Brucie making an appearance.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,961 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why exactly is that?

Think of it this way:

GTA3's version of Liberty City was different to GTA4's version. Completely different cities. GTA:San Andreas's version of Los Santos will be completely different to GTA5's version.

But, in GTA San Andreas, there was a mission where you went back to Liberty City for one mission, and it was the same as in GTA3. And GTA Vice City also showed a bit of Liberty City from GTA3 in a cutscene.

GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were all one shared universe. One era of connected games. But in GTA4, the city changed completely. No characters from the GTA3 era were there (with the exception of a few Easter egg references (and Lazlow but he doesn't really count as he forms no part of the storyline)). It's a new set of connected games now.

Nothing from the GTA3 era exists in the current generation of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm sure they said Niko wont make an appearance but some minor characters from GTA4 will. Fingers crossed for Brucie making an appearance.:D

Hehe, Brucie has gotta be my favourite GTA character.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

Hehe, Brucie has gotta be my favourite GTA character.

His father too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I'm getting way too hyped about this already. It's not out for at least another four months! :(

On the plus side, it's out in another four months or so!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I like the op will wait and see, it will probably be the first GTA game since 3 that I won't be buying day 1, 4 was the first game I never finished .

Will keep an open mind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,270 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Penn wrote: »

GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas were all one shared universe. One era of connected games.

Nothing from the GTA3 era exists in the current generation of games.

:( makes me feel empty and old inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Calhoun wrote: »
    I like the op will wait and see, it will probably be the first GTA game since 3 that I won't be buying day 1, 4 was the first game I never finished .

Will keep an open mind though.

Don't know why i watched the 2nd trailer :(, probably day one purchase now. The voice actors sound brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Calhoun wrote: »
    Don't know why i watched the 2nd trailer :(, probably day one purchase now. The voice actors sound brilliant.

That trailer is fantastic it has to be said, it just oozes class. I know all too well a special trailer doesn't mean a special game but it's Rockstar. I'm 100% certain they've learned from the mistakes of IV (Even though I really enjoyed it more than most) and have listened to the community.

This is the longest Rockstar North has gone between releasing a GTA title and when you consider the engine was already in place before production for V even started you have to think they're making something special this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Once it has Cop and Robbers I'm happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭KilOit

Usually hate this ****e but maybe it'll work this time around!

Please sign if you're a PC gamer and want this on PC orrr just sign it anyway :)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

KilOit wrote: »
    Usually hate this ****e but maybe it'll work this time around!

Please sign if you're a PC gamer and want this on PC orrr just sign it anyway :)

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc
    I think it's been said a PC version is going to happen it'll just be the usual case of them porting it after the Console versions go on sale. So we'll be waiting 6 months or so for the PC version.

It's unfortunate but greatness takes time, and several patches.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think it's been said a PC version is going to happen it'll just be the usual case of them porting it after the Console versions go on sale. So we'll be waiting 6 months or so for the PC version.

They've said it's merely up for consideration, and haven't given any solid info on it yet. Bloody well better come out on the pc.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/gta-5-pc-version-merely-up-for-consideration-says-rockstars-dan-houser/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Kiith wrote: »
    They've said it's merely up for consideration, and haven't given any solid info on it yet. Bloody well better come out on the pc.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/11/19/gta-5-pc-version-merely-up-for-consideration-says-rockstars-dan-houser/

I'd be amazed if it didn't, plan on getting it on playstation when it comes out. It just strikes me as a rite of passage for me to play them on consoles first followed by playing it once again when it comes out for PC. Admittedly, I still haven't finished IV and I own it for playstation and pc. (latter was a steam sale though with the entire collection) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

mystic86 wrote: »

17 sep :confused::confused::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

sooooooo long away :/

• Same publisher as Bioshock Infinite?? Makes sense that it's been moved to September tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Cant wait for the game, not bothered that its further away. Most anticipated game of the year for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

PC version July 2014 then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

mewso wrote: »
    PC version July 2014 then :pac:
    Come July we'll only have another 6 months to wait.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

about friggin time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmmm this makes me a bit confused.

It will be out on holiday season... on xbox 360 and ps3. We sort of expecting some sort of light on new gen consoles. If it is coming out holiday season on old gen, then there is no way we will see anything in new gen category this holiday season or even in first part of next year so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

This has thrown a huge spanner into the works. Very disappointing.

If the wait means less glitches/more content then I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

If the wait means less glitches/more content then I'm happy.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

What a shame....I'll be old and withered by the time it comes out and wont have any interest in gaming (25 in sep)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Taylor365 wrote: »
    What a shame....I'll be old and withered by the time it comes out and wont have any interest in gaming (25 in sep)

Kind of a **** one for me, as I was expecting it around May 15 which is when I'll be finished college exams for the summer and could really sit down and get stuck into GTA IV. Now it's coming out September 17 which I reckon will be the 2nd week of term in my final semester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Meh, I've a gigantic backlog anyway. Might even wait for the PC version. Might even wait for the PC version plus addons to go on Steam sale at some point.

Advertisement