Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Suggestions have been put about it has been delayed because the Playstation 4 is about to be announced in two and half weeks at a special meeting in New York on Feb 20.

The media and investors have been invited, and this can only mean one thing a new console is on its way.

X box 720 likely be announced in March or June?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d-3GMHIgR-U

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New trailer (or 3 new trailers). Looks excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Aye. Sow those last night. Looks really cool. I just prey it comes out on pc at launch. If not, then I am going to be a very sad panda.... On ps3 :(

It'll come out, but it will be a good 6 months after the consoles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I have a feeling I'm really going to like Trevor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm not too pushed on this. I'll probably get it when it comes out, but I'm not feeling any excitement for it like I had with the previous games. The trailer doesn't do anything for me. The characters seem a little too exaggerated, but not in the fun Saints Row way. Time will tell, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Damn I cant wait for this. Not into Franklin, cant stand gangsta shít, same reason I didn't like San Andreas but the other 2 especially Trevor look deadly!:D GFX look real sweet too.

Cant wait to hear the radio stations. Hope Lazlo and Fernando Martinez return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Michael is just tony soprano isn't he? Not that that's a bad thing in fact out of the three characters he's the one that appeals to me the most!
    Looks great cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Trevor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Looks really good, pretty excited for it if I'm honest and I didn't particularly get into GTA4. Not sure how the 3 character thing will actually pan out but they all look interesting to me

Looking forward to seeing what they do with the multiplayer this time. It was great fun, if only for a little while, in GTA4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

weiland79 wrote: »
    Michael is just tony soprano isn't he? Not that that's a bad thing in fact out of the three characters he's the one that appeals to me the most!
    Looks great cant wait

More Neil McCauley from Heat than Tony Soprano imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

aaronh007 wrote: »
    More Neil McCauley from Heat than Tony Soprano imo.

No way! OK the armoured truck is ripped from heat but the whole gangster in therapy, disfunctional family mafioso is Tony S all the way. Oh and obviously the raid in balaclavas suits and automatic weapons is heat too. So a mix of both I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mouche

I saw some rumors about January 2014 released. I'm assuming it's just rumors, am I right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Mouche wrote: »
    I saw some rumors about January 2014 released. I'm assuming it's just rumors, am I right?

September 17th 2013 is the official release date atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I was pretty excited but after watching those trailers it really does seem like more of the same. I dunno what i was expecting too be honest and ill deffinitely be picking it up but im not half as excited as i was when the original trailer came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

New trailer looks great, Trevor and Michael look like they should be excellent characters and Franklin will be a throw back to SA so I'm happy with that.

I have huge faith that rockstar have learned a lot from GTA4 and will not repeat the same mistakes again. However I really hope they keep the "realistic" driving so many people had a problem with. Once it clicked it was so much better than arcade handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Im not even that much of a gamer but I just got to say that Michael trailer is the best thing Ive seen on screen probably this month. Love the way they roll in with radio gaga, certain songs just fit so well with gta, seems to make them better, but radio gaga was a perfect fit.
    They gave the character some depth, they got some influence from HEAT which was a great film, .... its a real work of production art.

steve-o style leopardskin banana hammock on yer man loool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

September still feels like eons away :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

This could be better then san andreas ^^

20130502150810-gta003.jpg
    20130502151739-gta015.jpg
    20130502151723-gta013.jpg
    20130502151708-gta011.jpg

http://www.gtav.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I have this ordered since I bought Bioshock infinite. It'll most likely be the last physical game I buy for the 360, after that It'll be pretty much an arcade machine until next gen arrives.

Trevor - easilythe best character already! Other 2 are a bit boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I must be the only one absolutely dying to play with Franklin. San Andreas was my favourite game ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I must be the only one absolutely dying to play with Franklin. San Andreas was my favourite game ever.
    Franklin is familiar and I think will be a great character for anyone looking for a continuation from SA but the other two are new to this setting, which makes them more interesting for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

Is anyone else dreading that fact that it's coming out the same time as school/college starts? It's ironic because my school starts September 17th haha! Leaving Cert vs GTA V.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Is anyone else dreading that fact that it's coming out the same time as school/college starts? It's ironic because my school starts September 17th haha! Leaving Cert vs GTA V.

School? College? I remember those!
    Also isn't GTA 18 rated? Kids today ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I think most of the people here will be laughing at their kids going to school/college while we fire up GTA V for an all day session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

This comes out two days before I get married in fuerteventura. Balls!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I booked the week off work. Fully paid. Because I can :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think most of the people here will be laughing at their kids going to school/college while we fire up GTA V for an all day session.

I'll probably have around a week of constant gameplay before I have to go back to college. So i'm grand with the release date. :D

Advertisement