Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is anyone else dreading that fact that it's coming out the same time as school/college starts? It's ironic because my school starts September 17th haha! Leaving Cert vs GTA V.

September? The best part of a year until the Leaving Cert.

Whereas for me, GTA IV came out on April 29th with my Leaving Cert starting on June 6th, I also had yet to start really studying. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I have a job.

What is this GTA V?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I have a job.

What is this GTA V?

Yet you find the time to post in a gaming forum? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

5uspect wrote: »
    Yet you find the time to post in a gaming forum? :pac:
    This is a forum? I thought i was checking my share options...

Pardon me.

Jeeves, where's my paper!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I booked the week off work. Fully paid. Because I can :p

I get paid to play it early and write things about it (though I don't like GTA, so that's actually not a good thing for me)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

COYVB wrote: »
    I get paid to play it early and write things about it (though I don't like GTA, so that's actually not a good thing for me)

Thinly veiled "I'm a knob" post. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

Kirby wrote: »

OWNED

Kirby wrote: »

Hey, there's no accounting for taste. Mainly the bizarre taste of people who get off on doing the same fetch and driving missions 150 times in quick concession without noticing, purely because there are funny pretend talk shows on a pretend radio station

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is this only on this generation consoles or will we see it on the ps4 etc? Why I ask is I'm selling my ps3 (on adverts ;)) so it may make me think twice about selling it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Headshot wrote: »
    Is this only on this generation consoles or will we see it on the ps4 etc? Why I ask is I'm selling my ps3 (on adverts ;)) so it may make me think twice about selling it

Currently, it's coming out in Sept for 360 and PS3.

I reckon it will come out on PS4 at least and probably the next Xbox too but it might take a while, release something like an Ultimate Edition for Next-Gen only, include extra content to attract fans who already bought the game on Current-Gen.

PS4 is definitely not Backwards-Compatibility and the Next Xbox is unlikely to be Backwards-Compatibility so if you definitely want to play GTA V this year, i'd probably keep it!

• Advertisement

It'll be out cross gen I'll wager. I'm also just shy of sure enough to bet my left bollock that it'll be out on Wii U too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It'll be out cross gen I'll wager. I'm also just shy of sure enough to bet my left bollock that it'll be out on Wii U too

I thought it was already known that it was coming out on the WiiU, thought it was meant to be a launch window title for it.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I thought it was already known that it was coming out on the WiiU, thought it was meant to be a launch window title for it.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

A rumour about GTA coming to the PC, seems to be legit too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its no surprise its just that we'll be waiting a while after the initial release

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Maybe they'll release a version for the PS4 and new Xbox with updated graphics, and release that version on the pc? Probably not though, and we'll get badly optimised port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Kiith wrote: »
    Maybe they'll release a version for the PS4 and new Xbox with updated graphics, and release that version on the pc? Probably not though, and we'll get badly optimised port.

Id say this is most likely, will get a release all together when the new consoles are out. Possibly along with some extra content

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hey, there's no accounting for taste. Mainly the bizarre taste of people who get off on doing the same fetch and driving missions 150 times in quick concession without noticing, purely because there are funny pretend talk shows on a pretend radio station

:p

There are others who think the same! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What it'll feel like waiting for GTAV PC release
    skeleton-computer-user_jpg_350x250_crop_q85.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I will be taking the Thursday and Friday of that week off to play the game. I'm 24. Yes my life is quite tragic. But I don't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Gonna hold out for the PC release unfortunately, crossing my fingers its not too far behind the consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

VinLieger wrote: »
    Gonna hold out for the PC release unfortunately, crossing my fingers its not too far behind the consoles

Gta 4 was released for PC 7 months after consoles, I don't see it being any different this time around.

They will delay the PC version atleast six months to avoid risking losing console sales to piracy. I bought the last on the 360 so I'll probably do the same again. An inferior version perhaps, but I want it day one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Duggy747 wrote: »
    What it'll feel like waiting for GTAV PC release
    skeleton-computer-user_jpg_350x250_crop_q85.png
    You'd want to upgrade that PC in the meantime, or you'll have to wait a biot longer after release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

ScumLord wrote: »
    You'd want to upgrade that PC in the meantime, or you'll have to wait a biot longer after release.

I'm not fussy on quality, I upgraded it recently and it runs GTA 1 at 800x600 res with some slight dips in frame-rate.

Might have to play this new one at 640x480 res, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I just have to say I dug out GTA4 to see if it maybe could have grown on me after all these years. It is so far from fun it's ridiculous. The driving is so frustrating especially on motorbikes. The cover system is kaput, I just can't seem to get any sort of fun out of it. So much needs fixing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just have to say I dug out GTA4 to see if it maybe could have grown on me after all these years. It is so far from fun it's ridiculous. The driving is so frustrating especially on motorbikes. The cover system is kaput, I just can't seem to get any sort of fun out of it. So much needs fixing

GTA 4 wasnt my favourite but mainly because it wasnt what I was expecting. Was a different direction to go in after SA, still liked it but havent finished either. Niko was a bad main character IMO, just didnt like him

I thoroughly enjoyed GTA4 but I wasn't mad on the handling either to be honest. Adding weight to cars is a good thing but every vehicle just felt too heavy. At the beginning, it made doing handbrake turns a chore instead of fun. Half the time you would just plough into a wall.

There was a knack to it and you definitely got better as the game went on but I think a more intuitive driving system should be on the agenda for GTA 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I think a horse in Red Dead felt more controllable than the cars is GTA4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Have to say i really enjoyed the handling in IV. Ive gone back and played VC and SA recently and i much prefer the less arcadey style of IV and the fact it actually required a small element of skill

Advertisement