Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I must be the only one who didn't have a major issue with GTAIV driving. From what I remember, my only gripe was the camera angle was a touch too low, but slightly nudging the right stick while driving fast allowed you to see further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I too thought the GTA IV driving was an improvement. I recommend changing the POV to the bonnet/dascam perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah lots of people have a lot of hate for IV, I thought it was virtually flawless. Looking forward to this so damn much, I'd love some kind of special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The driving wasn't the issue with the game anyway.

The problem was it was a boring game . An awful amount of driving somewhere across the other side of the map while listening to whoever is in the car with you.

It's the only game I've played that I came away extremely disappointed in. I've repurchased it since as I play with a few here online and that is a bit of fun in fairness.

But at the time I got it when I couldn't play multiplayer, the SP experience was such a let down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

With GTA IV, driving was slow and boring, I always used taxis when I could which completely misses the point of the game. Boring travelling combined with lack of checkpoints made it a chore and not fun to play. They remedied this with Gay Tony by providing more exotic cars and checkpoints in missions but I had zero interest in that story.

Multiplayer was great fun, escpecially the co-op set pieces.

I have high hopes for GTA V as I think (hope) they learned what they have to do make GTA fun again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Yeah lots of people have a lot of hate for IV, I thought it was virtually flawless. Looking forward to this so damn much, I'd love some kind of special edition.

Same here, I'll never understand all the hate. I thought gameplay wise it was the best to date by far but lacked the atmosphere of VC. The driving was epic and a lot more realistic and difficult than before. The bikes were ridiculous though. I quite liked Nicko and his cuz but Brucie made it for me. Music was quite good too.

I didn't like SA at all which seems to be most peoples favourite. I found it a chore and detested the main characters. I played both VC and IV for years after completing them but dropped SA as soon as it was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I played GTA 1, 2, 3, VC and SA to the death. I got bored of GTA IV very quickly (never finished it), with the missions becoming very tedious at times. Even though SA annoyed the f**k out of me at times, I kept going back to finish it. I went back to GTA IV once after i stopped playing it, and then dropped it for good. It looked nice on the eye, but the missions were sh|te.

Hoping GTA V will have a lot more playability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Loved the driving in GTA4, best thing about the game imho although I do agree there was a distinct lack of supercars which are part and parcel of GTA so I'm hoping they remedy this in 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

the_syco wrote: »
    I went back to GTA IV once after i stopped playing it, and then dropped it for good. It looked nice on the eye, but the missions were sh|te.

Did you try out the Ballad of Gay Tony etc? Made a world of difference, IMHO, I think the lack of the "fun factor" was pretty soundly addressed. I was glad the city wasn't totally wasted.

Did you try out the Ballad of Gay Tony etc? Made a world of difference, IMHO, I think the lack of the "fun factor" was pretty soundly addressed. I was glad the city wasn't totally wasted.
    No. I saw it as an add-on to GTA IV, and decided not to waste my money. Also, the six month gap between all the hype of the console launch and the PC launch meant that I ignored the release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

TLAD was better than TBOGT and the main game combined. TLAD should have been the main game with Nico as a secondary character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

No. I saw it as an add-on to GTA IV, and decided not to waste my money. Also, the six month gap between all the hype of the console launch and the PC launch meant that I ignored the release.

Fair enough, but IMHO, it is worth picking up cheap if anybody's looking to tide themselve over. I did feel like it addressed all or at least, most of my grumbles about the original.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I think a horse in Red Dead felt more controllable than the cars is GTA4.

I never had an issue with the driving in GTA IV. I certainly found their inertia more realistic and fun than a GT or forza snorefest.

On foot could be clunky as he'll though. Hopefully the advancements made with Max Payne 3 make up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

Will they make game on PC ?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    TLAD was better than TBOGT and the main game combined. TLAD should have been the main game with Nico as a secondary character.
    Why was it better?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

Game will be realised on future console ? PS4 and new XBOX ?

Why was it better?

The story is the big one which, despite being interlinked, was a million times better than Niko's. Only problem is it's shorter due to being an add on. It's by far the best and most rewarding story of the lot.

Vast majority is done on bikes and the handling is much improved for them. You have to pretty much go top speed head first into a wall to go flying off instead of just nudging a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

sulc84 wrote: »
    Will they make game on PC ?

Niko?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Haha this came up on Rockstar's Facebook today, good stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

weiland79 wrote: »
    Niko?

Hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah... I really want that Los Santos snapback :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

At least there is no exclusive missions or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Edenane

Here's the super high detail versions of the preorder images!
    Special Edition
    Collectors Edition
    You can even see some detail of the blueprint map on them! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine 150 for the CE. I love my CE's but that is mad money for barely nothing

At least Skyrim had a cool dragon figurine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

And still no word on PC, not surprised just forever dissapointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

VinLieger wrote: »

This time next year you'll start hearing about a PC version.

VinLieger wrote: »

They are console games. They are always going to take priority over a PC version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I would think the PC version will be alongside the Xbox one and PS4 versions (assuming GTA V isnt a release title)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

im betting on pc and next gen versions next year with additional content maybe...one things for sure, they want to maximize sales on the massive install base of the current gen consoles... would of been great to have this as a launch title for next gen =[

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They are console games. They are always going to take priority over a PC version.

Maybe you will get it first on console, but we all know PC will be 100% more supperior version and will have a very very very very very long life after with mods, skins, stupid stuff.

If it does completely skips PC version then I am not going to be getting it unless there will be some improved version for next gen console.

Advertisement