Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

msap up-date ucc

Options
  • 30-03-2011 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone knows when the 2011 msap percentile results are out or are they out already?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 slurcher

I just received mine 117 & 130 overall grade 124.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 player22

thanks for that, your score sounds good, best of luck with it

I applied to UCD to do social work, I hope i get a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blackangel66

wow thats sound like a good result, was looking at previous posts and the highest seems to be around 141 ish, so well done I am sure you will get offered a place

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dozydora

slurcher wrote: »
    I just received mine 117 & 130 overall grade 124.

I only received 107 overall, i got 117 in first part and 95 in second part which gave me a total of 107 points. My overall percentile was 58 which doesnt sound good. I was hoping to do arts at Ucc.
    Anybody know what they were accepting last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cajun

dozydora wrote: »
    I only received 107 overall, i got 117 in first part and 95 in second part which gave me a total of 107 points. My overall percentile was 58 which doesnt sound good. I was hoping to do arts at Ucc.
    Anybody know what they were accepting last year

Apparently it was 90 last year. I'm applying for arts as well and got a score of 96 for the first one and 120 for the second (other way around to you). Overall 108. I'm pretty happy with my score as I think it'll be enough (fingers crossed). I think you should be confident enough too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 player22

you will have no prob with that, I got 106 and I want to do arts as well in UCC and I am confident of getting a place, hope it all works out for you,
    all the best

Thanks for that guys. I feel a bit more confident now. Didn't know of anybody else who had done the msap this year. Heard a few people coming out of the exam saying it was a walkover which really threw me as I thought it was fairly horrendous to be honest, having said that I am out of school over 35 years. So ya, i feel a lot better now. Would love to know how the 'walkover' gang got on.

just discovered even if I am offered a place I may not be able to take it up. I thought I would be eligible for grants etc as I am on illness benefit but didn't realise I had to be on it at least 2 years, I am only on it 16 months to date. Woe is me.

I didnt have enough for UCD with my 117 & 130 overall grade 124.

• Advertisement

Oh no, I am truly sorry for you, so near and yet so far.:(

on the msap website it says my score is in the 91 percentile, so must have needed near perfect results in msap to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

on the msap website it says my score is in the 91 percentile, so must have needed near perfect results in msap to get in.

My percentile was 69 and I got into social science in UCD last year, don't count yourself out yet!

It does seem strange, I thought it should have got me in, I also have 10 FETAC modules all distinctions, although I didnt do leaving cert or A levels, as a mature applicant I didnt think that was necessary. Im going to write to UCD because it seems strange not to get in after getting such good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Barrett6

I got 101 and was told last week that I have a place in UCC in Sept. Needless to say I'm thrilled! Don't give up yet.

Advertisement